Special Needs

Child Study date set

KL777KL777 member
edited September 2014 in Special Needs
It will take place in a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, DS's teacher mistakenly thought DS was kicking his book under his desk (when he was actually trying to pick it up with his feet).  His teacher told him to pick up the book and go sign the "sad book." This of course ignited DS into a defensive mode and a tantrum (yes, he still has tantrums at 6).  DS then throws his pencil.  I get a call, meet with the School Counselor and the teacher.  DS's behavior over the past 9 days have taken his teacher to the max.  Some of her comments (although she has been very supportive of him) were quite offensive.  Long story short, DS had to be picked up from school.  I respectfully made the request to have DS assigned to a different classroom (teacher).  Script appt on Monday, Lord help us.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Child Study date set

• And this is why an IEP is vital teacher's are human and they can run out of patience just like the rest of us. 
    I can see how if he has been struggling and she is running out of options she may be over reacting to what are really minor issues at this point and an IEP can work to a) set up systems to help him better manage in class b) protect him when he is having a rough day. 

Teacher is overreacting completely and I don't love her classroom management plan (the sad book) so I'm glad you are requesting a room change and hope he gets it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"