Secondary IF
Options

(Update: possible BFP mentioned) POAS obsessed. How early do you start after IUI?

lupineauralupineaura member
edited September 2014 in Secondary IF
I've done several oral medication/TI cycles (for my daughter and for this TTC go around), but I am now 7 days post IUI- my first ever. I realize it is way too early to test- I might as well pee directly on the money I would spend, for all the good it would do me.

But...when can I start? How early have you ladies broken out the pee sticks after IUI?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: (Update: possible BFP mentioned) POAS obsessed. How early do you start after IUI?

• Options
    Did you do a trigger? If so, you need to test it out before you can test, or you could get a false positive.

I don't do triggers, just oral letrozole, so I usually start around day 9 or 10dpiui.

Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    I'm the odd man out on this one- I rarely poas, I wait for beta. poas makes me crazy, so I try to avoid it all together...

My History:
    Lots of BFN's & failed IUI's w/clomid and/or femara
    Finally BFP with femara & t.i.- son born 6/17/2010
    Started TTC again around when DS was 3ish
    Lots of BFN's with femara & t.i & ovidrel
    Tubes clear, S.A came back low motility but high count
    About to switch to injectables w/femara, did one last cycle with just femara & an IUI with ovidrel- stupid motility was fantastic in the sample, but count was 700,000 AFTER wash! Had to sign a paper to even still do IUI- BFFP (big fat freaking positive) Go figure!

1st Beta 13dpiui 54, 2nd beta 48 hours later 115, 3rd beta 48 hours later 310, 4th beta 72 hours later 1748.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Stef1673, I did trigger, but did not test it out. The nurse told me it should clear my system in 7 days; maybe 10 at the most. I am 8 days post trigger.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Was it a Sub Q trigger or IM? If it was a 10,000 trigger (IM) it takes 1 day per 1000u, a min. of 10 days to be able to really trust it is out of your system. So 11DPT would be the earliest you can trust the results.

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the odd man out on this one- I rarely poas, I wait for beta. poas makes me crazy, so I try to avoid it all together...
    My doc doesn't' do betas until I get a positive HPT, so I pee :-)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    Surprisingly, I am tempted, just a little, to poas this weekend- but who knows if I actually will...

My History:
    Lots of BFN's & failed IUI's w/clomid and/or femara
    Finally BFP with femara & t.i.- son born 6/17/2010
    Started TTC again around when DS was 3ish
    Lots of BFN's with femara & t.i & ovidrel
    Tubes clear, S.A came back low motility but high count
    About to switch to injectables w/femara, did one last cycle with just femara & an IUI with ovidrel- stupid motility was fantastic in the sample, but count was 700,000 AFTER wash! Had to sign a paper to even still do IUI- BFFP (big fat freaking positive) Go figure!

1st Beta 13dpiui 54, 2nd beta 48 hours later 115, 3rd beta 48 hours later 310, 4th beta 72 hours later 1748.
  • Options
    lupineaura We are IUI twins! I did my first ever on Sept 5th too! I triggered Wednesday and just POAS to make sure trigger was out of my system.  BFN - first time I have been happy about that :) I am going to try to POAS Monday.  It is when AF is due or 10dpiui.  I am feeling zippo symptoms though so I am not hopeful.  

How are you doing? 
    DS: Born November 2011
    TTC #2 since April '13
    DH 35, Me: 34
    DX: Unexplained Secondary Infertility, Slight DOR
    Sept 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel) = BFN
    Oct 14 - IUI (Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone) = BFN
    Nov 14- Benched due to cysts Looking for New Doc
    Feb - IUI #3 (Letrozole + Ovridrel)
    March/April - IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - Follistim+HGH+Low Dose HCG - 11R/9M/5F - 2 8 cell 3dtransfer - BFN on April 23, 2014

• Options
    I don't have any advice, but am stalking this thread to gather info for my first IUI cycle next month. I"ll be triggering, too. 
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Options
    I was told it would take a week to get out of my system but it took 10 days for the squinters to disappear. 
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • Options
    Steph1673 said:
    My doc doesn't' do betas until I get a positive HPT, so I pee :-)

Whereas my office needs us to do betas in order to move onto the next medicated cycle! I think it's to limit liability in case you were pregnant and then you started medication like femara which is not safe during pregnancy. 
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • Options
    Thank you all for your advise and shared experiences! I think I'll POAS on Monday with @lilmac2929‌ :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I normally start at 7dpiui testing the trigger out. Last pregnancy(loss) I got my bfp on 9dpo. 
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
    Second IUI cycle: BFP
    Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
    First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    Tested this morning and BFN. At least I know the trigger is out of my system! Trying not to be down- I know it's very early. Will test again Wed, then wait for beta on Friday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i always wait until 16DPIUI, if AF hasn't come before then. my doctor doesn't do betas for IUIs. i have been let down by the POAS process so many times that it is torture waiting for it to pop up.  

TTC #2 since 8/2012

IUI #1 April 2014: BFN

IUI #2 July 2014: BFN

IUI #3 August 2014: BFN

BFP: September 15, due May 22nd 2015

• Options
    lupineaura Sorry about your BFN! Me too :( I had a pretty steep temp drop too.  I hope AF holds off for you and Wed looks better!!!
    TTC #2 since April '13
    March/April - IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - Follistim+HGH+Low Dose HCG - 11R/9M/5F - 2 8 cell 3dtransfer - BFN on April 23, 2014

• Options
    Sorry @lilmac2929! I hope your temp drop doesn't signal the end of your cycle. I don't temp. I've also heard sometimes medicated cycles make the temps inaccurate- I hope that's the case for you! Good luck with future testing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am tempted to use my other pee stick tomorrow...someone talk me down off the ledge...the fact that they are covered by our FSA doesn't make them free, right? Haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am tempted to use my other pee stick tomorrow...someone talk me down off the ledge...the fact that they are covered by our FSA doesn't make them free, right? Haha
    I think you should just go test right now. Why wait? You can always buy more tests tomorrow. Send your husband out to buy more tests right now. WHY WAIT?

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think you should just go test right now. Why wait? You can always buy more tests tomorrow. Send your husband out to buy more tests right now. WHY WAIT?
    I agree with Castillo!  Pee in a cup, Pee on a stick, PEE on EVERYTHING!  Haha!  I can never wait, so I say pee pee pee!
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • Options
    @potatocastillo‌ I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but I do like to pee on things. Well, not all things. But a lot of them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1:45am. My daughter (unusually) wakes up crying for a stuffed animal. I am exhausted and POAS. Ladies and gents, we have a squinter. Not quite calling it yet but will see if I can have my beta moved up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lilmac2929lilmac2929 member
    edited September 2014
    Ooooh that's exciting!!!  Congrats!!! 
    TTC #2 since April '13

• Options
    Yay!! Congrats!
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Options
    Now I may have peed on too many things. Last night I took another test, and the line was much darker. I also got a "yes" on a digi. I was happy. This morning the line is back to a squinter. Now I am worried. Does a fading line always mean a CP? When I called in my positive test yesterday morning, the nurse said they won't see me for a beta before Thursday.

Gah.
    Sorry if not many people are interested in these frequent updates, I don't have many people I can talk to about this.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"