September 2014 Moms

MOTN Check-In

What's happenin?
{Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
{DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
~Love and Light to everyone~ 
image image
My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image

Re: MOTN Check-In

• Oh man @brittneyandadam‌ I'm sorry! I can only imagine the mess! 

LO cluster fed right before 9 but ended up sleeping until midnight! Woot! Even though the shield is a PITA, I'll keep using it if it means I can actually enjoy bfing. 
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • chardonnay24chardonnay24 member
    edited September 2014
    I don't have a baby yet, but it's only 9:30 here and I won't be sleeping tonight anyway.

I'm frustrated. I'm feeling like my body does not know how to go into labor on it's own. I'm only 40+5, but I have 8 days to get this baby out or I'll have to be induced again, which I really want to avoid this time around. I'm uncomfortable, it's getting hard to drive and take care of my kid, and I just want to meet my baby.

I'm really stressed out about my kid, too. He's high functioning ASD, so he looks kind of like a really poorly behaved, intense 3 year old who doesn't get discipline. He's challenging to parent, but since his language, cognitive, motor, and adaptive skills are all within "typical" range, he's not considered delayed enough to get a lot of services. Our insurance denied his OT and speech therapy, we're on a wait list to see a psychologist, we have to pay OOP for social skills class, and he didn't qualify for county developmental disability services. Today I had a talk with his preschool director and after two days, she doesn't think this school is a good fit for him. He's overloaded and acting out, disturbing the other kids, and hard to keep on task. He is working with an aide from the school district but she only comes a couple times a month for 30 minutes. The last thing I need right now is to have to find him a new school and bring more changes into his life.

Argh, sorry for the novel. I have this nagging feeling that I'm so stressed that my body is in flight mode and won't let me go into labor. I need a drink so bad...

ETA: More words

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @brittneyandadam‌ I'm sorry, but thanks for the laugh!

@GingerGiraffe‌ Mine sleeps all day, too, then is restless allll night.

I have insomnia at the beginning of the night. I'm so tired but I just lay there. Been in bed since ten, finally fell asleep around eleven, and LO is up at 11:30. Ugh.

Also, DD1 is up crying already. This is pretty early for her. Her sleep is getting worse.
  • @brittneyandadam‌ Nothing like a poopsplosion to get the party started.

I'm hoping tonight is better than last. One of my nipples cracked and bled last night and the other one then got injured due to LO only feeding on that side. Had to pump to give nips a break but wasn't enough to satisfy LO and was heart breaking. So far do good today though. My friend who is lactation consultant came over today to give some tips which seem to be helping.
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
  • @conradraging‌ I gave up and tried a paci, too. It isn't working miracles, but it helps. I'm hoping it doesn't interfere with breastfeeding.
  • Charlie has been screaming all night long. The nurse is probably going to give me shit, but I tried a paci and she's been silent since. I'm a bad mommy.
    We've broken the no paci rule here too.  It doesn't work for long, but it will buy me enough time to finish loading the dishwasher, change his butt, or to go pee before nursing.
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • 2:12 am here....been up since 1:15. A 3 hour stretch. I'll take it. Better than the hour and a half I've been getting. Was struggling with wanting to give him more formula. One pedi said no more than 2 ounces even though i said he was sucking that down and looking for more (and not making it even 2 hours!) Today when we went back for weight and color check....he hasn't gained since Monday, so know we had go ahead. Grrrr...should trust my instincts! 

Waiting on results of billirubin test. If he increased again we may be heading to hospital for phototherapy. Hoping not.....I don't think I can handle that!
    @brittneyandadam‌ I'm sorry...I know it's not funny...but you made me laugh!
    @conradraging‌ I caved and did paci too....different for me bc we are FF but was still recommended by hospital we not start. Since I have a paci hound in DS1 we decided to try to not give it. But this little guy was just so unsettled that he needed it. Otherwise I'd be holding him 24/7 (which s fine by me LOL....but since I did that with DS1and he is such a poor sleeper we are trying to avoid that with this one!) paci seems to help him settle down.

Hoping to catch another 3 hours......night ladies!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @conradraging‌ we do the paci too. she's definitely one of those who fixate on sucking and her mouth because if it isnt a paci in her mouth she ends up with the blanket or her hands in her mouths. Plus with her being preemie it supposedly helps with her sucking until her mouth is big enough to get a better latch. I don't feel bad in the least because it makes her happy and calm.

@brittneyandadam‌ we have had our fair share of poopsplosions today... including one thay happened the instant we placed her in her tub

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Congratulations @braybee‌ ! He's so cute!

Back up here after an hour and fifteen minutes, but at least she's sleeping in between, so I'll take it.
  • 3 am here...anyone else singing lullabies? I think it's more for me to pass the time while I rock her back to sleep...but yeah

So far, I do a 3 song circuit...
    Last Night on Earth by Green Day
    I'll Catch You by The Get Up Kids
    Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    image image

image image
  • MOTN here, too. No baby yet, but hopefully he will be here soon!! Been on pitocin since 3pm yesterday and I'm slowly making progress, but at least it's progress! I know I'm supposed to sleep and rest up, but it's hard when I can only sleep 30 min intervals and I can't wait to meet LO!!
  • Aurora seems perfectly content all swaddled up and I would love to just let her sleep, but alas the hospital wants us to wake her adorable butt up and force her to nurse every three hours. I guess the fact that she's doing a good job with BFing should make me feel better

Pregnancy Ticker
  • so just pumped and then fed... and then cleaned up some projectile spit. I get it baby girl, you were done... but next time just stop sucking instead of spitting up everything in your mouth and then some all over the place. I'm sure I've become so used to all this milk.. that I've become "nose blind" to the sour milk smell. Now if only she'll fall back asleep... at least she's not crying now... but based on the sounds I hear... she's def wide awake.

• @tigger99‌ sorry you're in pain and awake!! :( hope everything starts moving along for you!
  • It's 4am now and LO went to bed at 12:30 so I can't complain too much tonight. He's been having some reflux issues as well so I have to burp him and keep him upright for a long time after each feeding. Wouldn't be so bad but I keep worrying I'll fall asleep and drop him. Thank you Boppy for making the dropping him part less likely. Put his bassinet mattress on a slight incline tonight and that seems to have helped him some. If only I could find a better wedge. Right now I'm using the one from my snuggle nest and it isn't very much of an incline.
  • 4 am here and Samuel is eating well. And DH found his paci! He only takes the soothie so we were having a hell of a time calming him down. Oh and @conradraging‌ don't feel bad. The lactation consultant who came to my house told me that even she feels they're necessary, especially in situations where it's just not possible to comfort them with bfing.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Two words: projectile pooping.

Give her prune juice, the doc said. It'll help move things along, she said.

That stuff works like fucking Liquid Plumber.

DED.

• Good luck @Daisy1232‌! Best wishes for a positive induction!

• Good luck @Daisy1232‌. Keep us updated.
  • Two words: growth spurt.

I can't even.

• More poop....3 more diapers. It's like a fucking froyo machine. Next time, it's DH'S turn.
    image image

image image
  • And projectile vomit all over my blankets. I'm done.
    image image

image image
  • @crystalangel79‌ That must be so hard for you and DH. I don't know when you'll be able to hold LO, but I hope it's soon.
  • And projectile vomit all over my blankets. I'm done.
    I'm only laughing out of solidarity. This was so me a few days ago and I expect it to happen again in the future. I so feel you and hope the projectile fluids stop soon.

• @katalina86‌ our last pedi told us it's very common for new babies to sound congested. We got a NoseFrida with dd2 and never turned back. It's so much more effective than the bulb syringe.
    image        image
  • @crystalangel79‌ That must be so hard for you and DH. I don't know when you'll be able to hold LO, but I hope it's soon.
    @biokitty42.. I can hold her now and it's my favorite part of the day and oh my does she LOVE to be held!!! I just cant wait for her to be home so I can hold her whenever I want and I can cuddle her in the MOTN instead of just the machine lol.
    ugh MOTN is the worst without LO. I didn't sleep well for at least the first week because I felt like something/one was missing. :( I wanted to punch everyone who kept telling me to get my sleep while she was being taken care of in the hospital. 

• Annnnnd the night sweats have started. Grrrreat. God bless hormones.

• Crappy night here. LO up at 11:30. Put her down again and she pooped ten minutes later. While changing her, DD woke and cried for twenty minutes. Put LO down, and she will not sleep.

Won't take the paci, but not happy without it. I've been awake for almost 2.5 hours after only 45 minutes of sleep. Just holding her on my lap now.

Aaaand DH just farted so loud in his sleep, LO startled. :-S
  • I have th hospital pump hooked up in the living room since it's kind of noisy and bulky. So I'm sitting out here pumping 30min proir to lo's next feed. I hear her whinefor a second... and then out comes hubby with the bassinet. He then goes to the fridge, eats the last of the oreos and goes back to bed leaving me with hungry fussy baby that I can't calm until I unhook from the wall... -______- He's lucky she's done fussing... not so lucky about finishing the oreos.

• No baby here but it's 2:45 am and I'm up with horrible cramps and heartburn. I'm jealous of those of you who at least have LO to blame.

TTC since 2.11
    BFP #1: 3.15.11- c/p
    MTHFR Dx 6.13-Rx- folate and B12
    BFP #2: 11.9.13 -m/c Trisomy 4
    BFP #3 1.18.14 EDD 9.27.2014

• @crystalangel79‌ I'm sorry for the crappy news today. Continued prayers for little miss. Is your DH feeling better and closer to holding your sweet girl?

Around here we're having a heck of a time getting LO to latch. I'm pretty engorged so there's that and its always worse at night since I don't wake up until he's hungry. I'm also worried about his umbilical cord stump. It's still hanging on but think we knocked it loose with repositioning due to latch issues. It doesn't appear to be infected and using rubbing alcohol on the non dried up part. I just hope it's not painful for him.
  • @crystalangel79‌ I'm so sorry you got bad news today. I hope tomorrow is better for you and your DH and sweet little girl.

@emmylu30‌ LO's stump fell off at 5 days. I'm pretty sure it got bumped at some point. It looked kind of bad and I obsessed over it at first, but it looked tons better the next day and seems to be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"