Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

swaddling

How long did you swaddle for?  Did you swaddle for naps?
My LO will sleep fine swaddled if she is really in a sleep, otherwise she fights it.  but if I don't swaddle her, her reflex startles her and wakes her up.....just curious when you stopped swaddling and if you do for naps.
Thanks! :)

Re: swaddling

• Options
    I have a two month old and I swaddle (with the velcro ones) for bedtime only, not for naps.  He does not often take long naps so we don't swaddle him for that, and he really likes his hands.  He fights it a little but has gotten much better when we swaddle him at night
  • Options
    I swaddled until about 3.5 months and then we switched to Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit. We only used the swaddle and now the sleepsuit for bedtime, DS naps in the swing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use "Swaddle Me" every night but not for naps, DD is 2.5 mths. She fights it for a few mins if we put her down awake, but is out in about 5 mins. We are going to keep swaddling until she doesn't fit in a swaddle anymore!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• Options
    Just shy of three months, we still use the Zen Swaddler. LO hates his arms confined so  we just leave them out. He mostly enjoys the weights on it. But, when he's so sleepy he keeps himself awake fussing, we swaddle his arns and he's out like a light,
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                image image image
  • Options
    DS is going on 6 months and we still swaddle at night time.  During the first few weeks I felt like I kept him swaddled a lot.  He was very fussy and it always calmed him.
    In the process of transitioning now with leaving one arm out at night.
  • Options
    We swaddled for night time and naps until we found LO laying on his tummy one morning :)  Then we changed to a sleep sack to leave his arms free.
  • Options
    My daughter hated being swaddled, didn't do it at all lol, she would scream.  My son likes it but I only do it at bedtime not naps.  He's a month old now and no longer likes his arms to be inside but you can still do it without putting their arms in.  The reason I don't do it at nap time is because I want him to associate it with his bed and night time.  He also sleeps in a different place for his naps than he does at bedtime.  I've found that it very quickly helped him understand the difference between night and day.  Now as soon as he gets swaddled he knows that he's getting a bottle and going to bed.  As far as how long,  I would say either until they no longer like it, or when they start to roll over.
  • Options
    My baby is almost 2 months old and i swaddle her with any cotton piece of fabric that's big enough, it makes her sleep longer, if she's awake she'd fight it so i swaddle her after she sleeps or if she is half asleep, if she wakes up MOTN she stays swaddled nurses then goes back to sleep. I put her to nap in a bassinet, swing kr on the couch at times and when i do remember i swaddle her, she naps longer when i do
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    thanks, ladies :)
  • Options
    Our LO is 11 weeks and we swaddle for night time only. Thinking about phasing it out though. I just recently bought the next size up of the Swaddle Me's, they are a lot bigger than what I had. But it works out good. We swaddle him just tight enough so that he sleeps good, but can still get his arms out. Hoping that helps us transition out of the swaddle in a couple weeks. Pedi said to stop swaddling at 2 months....I say whatever, I'm going to keep swaddling for another couple of weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"