Food & Nutrition

Vegan TTC

Hi Everyone, 

I've been reading many articles about what to eat while TTC. One I just read said to eat ice cream every night - I wish. 

I'm a newly turned vegan with a wheat intolerance. Any advice on what to eat while TTC? 

Thanks everyone :) 
BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
All AL Welcome<3
“Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
We will never forgot our angels<3

Re: Vegan TTC

• Unfortunately the only nutrition advice I've received was from my acupuncturist, who told me to incorporate some meat into my diet (and she herself was vegetarian), because "warming" foods are good for TTC. Beets were also a suggestion.
    But, supporting what Naria said, I take a good "superfood/green" and prenatal to supplement any nutritional deficiencies. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• I am vegan and have been for conception/pregnancy as well as nursing both of my boys.  I ate my normal, healthy diet while TTC.  Since you are GF as well, focus on beans, legumes, whole grains (rice, quinoa), lots of veggies and fruits, nuts and seeds.  Just an overall healthy diet!  I love Angela Liddon at ohsheglows.com for good recipes, all vegan and mostly GF. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been a vegetarian for 4 years [DD is 2] so through TTC, pregnancy & breastfeeding to 18 months. I had no issues, get some nutritional yeast to add to foods for a little extra punch.

I use chickpea flour a lot as a binding ingredient and so that adds protein. 

Oh Dear Drea has a blog and she's working on a cookbook - great vegan recipes. Just google search the name.

GL it's not that hard to stay vegan, especially TTC that isn't nearly as draining as pregnancy. I might consider being just a vegetarian during then so you can eat eggs & a little cheese but if you're totally against that you can still make it work.
  • I was advised high protein diet but otherwise eat normally. Also ensure you are getting adequate B12.

I've seen a dietician and it's great - lots of good meal ideas when she did our meal plans. Worth the cost.
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"