Cloth Diapering
Options

Yikes! Help me make a stash decision before baby arrives please :)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Yikes! Help me make a stash decision before baby arrives please :)

• Options
    mrshudson618mrshudson618 member
    edited September 2014
    The Sbish are more of a ON solution for heavy wetters. The workhorses should be enough for nb stage and daytime. 

I would start with just nb size and not worry about any larger sizes until you have used them and have a better feel for what you like. I would also wait to look into the sbish until your LO is sleeping through the night, or at least not pooping during the night.

You want about 36 nb changes. So far you have none(maybe the thirsties 1s)  Some people can get away with skipping nb and going straight to small, but if your baby is super tiny that won't work, and the smalls will be really bulky.

I would get a mix of prefolds and workhorses in nb, and 6-8 covers in nb. The thirsties 1 may or may not work right away, so some of those and some of another nb cover would be a good idea. 

Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    We used disposibles overnight with our son for the first few weeks and we went through 3 small (40) packs of newborn and an 84 pack of size one in just a couple of weeks. They were shower gifts, but definitely wouldn't have lasted long if we used them full time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    We tend to use disposables for the first couple of weeks. They grow out of newborn sizes so quickly, I no longer buy anything other than prefolds and covers for newborns. I love the GMD workhorse for the size small size. We also use it for night use with inserts in bigger sizes (but once they get big enough for OS we tend to use pockets/AIO's during the day).
  • Options
    Lots of people use sposies for nb, but like PPs said, you will go through them faster than you think.
    A nb stash of cloth will pay for itself, especially if you plan on other kids, and nb diapers have GREAT resale value. Especially if you get workhorses. They resell for almost new prices.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    MandmeeshMandmeesh member
    edited September 2014
    Is it just me...M fit into nb stuff well past 2 months. Our simplexes were close to four months. That's not a short time. Well worth nb CDs

ETA that he wasn't a preemie or anything. Born at 6lbs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mandmeesh said:

Is it just me...M fit into nb stuff well past 2 months. Our simplexes were close to four months. That's not a short time. Well worth nb CDs

Ha. Ha Didnt he wear Lil' Joeys at like 8 months?

D was 5 weeks early and was just over 7 pounds. G was a week early and was 8.5 pounds. I think D would have outgrown true NB by 6-7 weeks. G around 4-5 weeks. Simplexs run bigger though, so maybe 8-10 weeks?

image imageimageimage

• Options
    I used disposables until ds was about 3 weeks. He wore NB until about 12. It's worth it to get a NB stash. Even if it's just flats or pre folds and covers. Flats you can use as the baby gets older though.
  • Options
    CLLDLL said:

Mandmeesh said:

Ha. Ha Didnt he wear Lil' Joeys at like 8 months?

D was 5 weeks early and was just over 7 pounds. G was a week early and was 8.5 pounds. I think D would have outgrown true NB by 6-7 weeks. G around 4-5 weeks. Simplexs run bigger though, so maybe 8-10 weeks?
    You know it. M rocked the shit outta that lil Joey at...a year old I think ;)

• Options
    Mandmeesh said:
    Is it just me...M fit into nb stuff well past 2 months. Our simplexes were close to four months. That's not a short time. Well worth nb CDs ETA that he wasn't a preemie or anything. Born at 6lbs
    DD was born at 7lbs 14oz and fit in her newborn prefolds and some covers until 9 weeks (some covers we used an extra month or two).  Small prefolds worked for us until 9 months old.
  • Options
    I still use osocozy size 1 pfs. And they last for 2+ hours. Lol

• Options
    We used sposies for about 10 days, basically until we ran out of what we got at the hospital. I hated them as we had tons of leaks and blowouts, but I had lots of complications from my emergency c-section so I couldn't wash cloth. DH was afraid to mess them up so we kept up with sposies until MIL arrive to help. So much better!!!

We used our nb stash until about 6-8 weeks. I still use nb prefolds to stuff.
  • Options
    Also to add, our newborn stash a was mostly used GMD newborn prefolds and some different covers. I sold prefolds for what I paid for them, the flats (I liked the best) I will keep until PLing, I have sold some of my nb covers, but at 16 weeks he still fits his Blueberry nb cover, Rar nb cover and Thirties size 1. Those were great investments, have worked great, and will resell well too.

And if you are thinking about an AI2 system for your OS stash, think about flats instead of all nb prefolds. Flats work great pad-folded into covers like Flips and Blueberry Capri styles, a super cheap, trim fitting AI2 system that will truly last all of diapering.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I'm not sure it's been said yet, I didn't read all the words, but I'd suggest maybe getting a few of the snap less work horses. You'll be able to get a more customized fit.

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"