January 2015 Moms
Options

Minor scare with my AS results *UPDATE*

honeybeee3honeybeee3 member
edited September 2014 in January 2015 Moms
I just got off the phone with one of the midwives at my birth center. They just received the results from the anatomy scan and are asking that I get another one done. I, of course, asked her if everything is ok and her response was "nothing on the report says specifically that anything is abnormal, we just need to get a closer look". Well WTF does that even mean? "Closer look" at what exactly? When I tried to ask her for more information all she said was "we will receive the results one week after your next ultrasound appointment. I'm sure you're nervous so be sure to call us if you don't hear from us by then." Ugh.

I'm hoping it's nothing and I'm doing my best not worry too much but it's hard.

UPDATE~
I just spoke to the midwife at my birth center, they received the results from my second A/S and everything looks NORMAL!! I'm so relieved. Yay healthy baby!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Minor scare with my AS results *UPDATE*

• Options
    Valm999Valm999 member
    edited September 2014
    That is so stressful! Sorry you have to go through this. Maybe it's something as simple as they couldn't get proper measurements due to babies position. FX that everything will be ok!
  • Options
    Wow that's unhelpful. What's the point of scaring you vaguely?? Why not just say what they need more pictures of! That stinks, I'm sorry. I'm sure if they knew there was something wrong already they'd tell you. Maybe the tech didn't do a great job getting all the views they needed and they're covering up that mistake :) good luck at your next scan!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry you're dealing with this. I had to go back after my anatomy scan because the original pictures of her heart weren't clear enough; everything was perfect at the second scan. Hopefully that's all that happened with yours!
  • Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry you're left in limbo. Are you able to get in to another A/S quickly at least? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options

Oh, I'm so sorry you're left in limbo. Are you able to get in to another A/S quickly at least? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok!

Yes, I luckily was able to get one scheduled for tomorrow morning at 11 but then I will have to wait a whole entire WEEK for the results

• Options
    Well that's crappy, sorry your left in limbo. How long until your next scan? Think of the positives, you'll get to see your LO again :) try not to stress to much, as impossible as it may be in your situation.
  • Options
    That would annoy me a lot. If there is a concern, they should tell you what it is. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
  • Options
    What a bummer that they are being vague. Hoping everything is fine with you lil one!!

• Options
    @honeybeee3 That's awful. When I had my AS (or rather pt 1 of 2) the tech explained that they have a list of over 90 markers, and if any of those markers are unclear (for any reason, i.e.: baby moved, baby is a day or two behind, baby wasn't in the perfect position) they will re-order tests. 

She said that its very common for the scan to have inaccuracies, especially if its done before 20 weeks, or if the baby is measuring slightly behind - even by a few days. 

I know none of this is actually reassuring. Its more than annoying (and stressful) to have to repeat appointments, and schedule these things but chances are things are just fine. 

I really just wish though that they would be clear about they've actually seen instead of giving women vague information that sends us into a worry. Theses fetuses are camped out in our bodies, why aren't we given the information (and relevant statistical probabilities) up front instead of spending time worrying and speculating. 

Anyway, I hope everything works out well, and they get better pictures next time.  
  • Options
    I'm glad that you were able to schedule another scan quickly but I'm sorry that they are being so vague.  I don't think I would be able to accept them not telling me why something needed to be done.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    That's stressful. I'm glad they could get you in quickly and I hope the time passes quickly.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're dealing with this stress. I hope it's something very minor. They told me at ours that we may have to come in to measure his nose and lips again because he was moving too much and his hand was in front of his face a lot. She said she saw them and they looked fine. But maybe it's something small like that for you, just remeasuring some things. FX.

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

• Options
    I am so very sorry they are worrying you. but hopefully it is like people have said... just an unclear image due to baby moving or something of that nature
  • Options
    I need to get another one as well for a "closer look". Apparently baby was not in a good position for some of the face shots they are supposed to do. My midwife repeated multiple times that nothing is wrong and I should enjoy the extra baby viewing time. I am going to enjoy it! I'm sure it is same for you. Hugs!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    I am in a similar situation. Little Man was moving around so much they didn't get some clear shots. I have to have another ultrasound this month. My nurse practionor told me it's nothing to worry about. FX for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls for your kind words. You've all helped me feel a little less anxious about having to get another scan done. I will update next week when I get the results and hopefully it will be good news.

• Options

The same exact thing happened with me today. I can see why you're worried, but I think that's their fault for not explaining it to you. Like others have said, there is a list of images they need, and they might need the baby to be in a certain position to get some of the pictures. It has nothing to do with anything being wrong. It actually seems like those who get all the images done in one appointment are pretty lucky. They have very cooperative babies! :)

Yes, I'm really hoping that all it is is a few missed measurements. I wish the midwife had said something, anything to make me feel a little less concerned or offered some sort of explanation. You'd think she'd know better than to be so vague with pregnant woman! I will try and talk to the US tech tomorrow and see if I can get some answers. We shall see. Anyways I hope this week goes by fast and I get the good news I'm hoping for.

• Options
    This is the exact reason that my OB now makes all patients wait until 22 weeks for the A/S. The same thing happened to me with my 2nd, so I understand, but try not to worry. I still have to wait until next week for my A/S.

DS #1 - born 11.6.08
    DS #2 - born 2.10.12

BFP 7.9.13 / Due 3.8.14 / MMC Dx 8.5.13, D&C 8.9.13

DD - born 12.25.14

• Options
    And, good luck!

DS #1 - born 11.6.08
    DS #2 - born 2.10.12

BFP 7.9.13 / Due 3.8.14 / MMC Dx 8.5.13, D&C 8.9.13

DD - born 12.25.14

• Options
    honeybeee3honeybeee3 member
    edited September 2014
    Update

• Options
    saiven said:

I don't normally open these because they trigger something anxious in me and I start to worry - as much as I really, really want to be supportive.

That being said, I'm so glad everything is all good. When we had our A/S - we got the same recommendation and I turned here for help too. Turns out it was nothing, baby just didn't give us good pictures of his face. Now we have enough creepy face pictures to last a lifetime.
    @saiven‌ I understand, I too stay away from certain posts for the same reasons. I'm so happy that you got good news too!

I was so nervous to get the results because our ultrasound tech went from being super chatty, talking about her marijuana garden(I'm not joking, this shocked me and my H) to complete silence while she was looking at the heart. Plus she spent at least 15 minutes taking pictures of just the heart which also scared me. It was an overall very strange and scary experience and I'm just so relieved to get good news.

• Options
    Glad all looks well!

• Options
    Yay for a great follow-up!
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Great news, but sorry you worried for nothing:(
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Hooray for good news!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Great news!!!

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options

@honeybeee3 My U/S tech did the same with both my pregnancies, there are a lot of parts of the heart they need to check, 4 chambers, arteries, blood flow and the function and size of all these parts. When babies move during the scan a lot of the time its really difficult for them to get clear images of the heart. I would try not to stress out too much, in most cases they didn't get a clear enough picture or measurements and they need to have an image/measurements of all organs, heart, head (including profile) and extremities for your OB or midwife, and the attending dr. to make a report of the a/s, and your baby.

Best of luck!  

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"