Cloth Diapering

Rash/Irritation/Swelling Help

Our little girl had really bad costipation last week.  She is back to normal now.  However, I noticed the skin around her anus is kind of peely. The skin looks pale and almost greyish.  It doesn't look like the pictures I've seen of yeast.  It is like the skin is just super super wet.  There are one or two tiny spots where the skin peeled and it is red underneath.  

It doesn't seem to bother her or hurt her when we wipe.  They use Seventh Gen wipes that are soft at daycare.  We use cloth wipes at home.  We've tried to air her out when she is at home.  We've put California Baby Rash Cream on it.  It isn't getting worse, but there doesn't seem to be any change.  We just noticed it about a day ago.  She isn't red or have a rash anywhere else.  I'm about to put a call in to our pediatrician's nurse... but wanted to ask here to see if anyone has any ideas.

Could she have a baby hemorrhoid?  I just wonder if the straining she's done is causing the swelling and stuff. We give her 1/2 prune juice and 1/2 water when she is constipated and that has made her back to pooping normal though....

Thanks so much for any help and suggestions.
image   image   image
TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Rash/Irritation/Swelling Help

• I thought hemmeroid but idk if baby hemis are a thing.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How old is your LO?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • She is 2 months. 

Nurses and our friend that is a nurse says it is a rash.  So we are just continueing to air it out and use rash cream. The peely stuff is starting to come off and it is starting to look less red underneath... hopefully we can get rid of it over the weekend since she can do diaper free time at home.  Told the daycare to change her more often today so she isn't sitting in a wet diaper for long.  Our little girl is a super soaker and pees all the time.
    image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"