Postpartum Depression
Options

Question about amitriptyline

I have kind of a strange question. I'm on a low dose of amitriptyline for my PPD and have been for six weeks now. The last two nights I have gotten very nauseous after taking it, which has never happened before. The only difference is I have had orange juice with it the past two nights instead of my normal water.

Just curious if anyone has had a similar reaction to citrus and their antidepressant. I know citrus can impact some meds. I will call my doctor if I still have the nausea after going back to water.

Thanks.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

Re: Question about amitriptyline

• Options
    I don't know about the mixing with the medication, but I know I can't take my vitamins with Orange juice. It's very acidic and the acid comes back up causing some nausea from acid reflux.
    If it lasts longer than I would think it's the meds maybe.
  • Options
    Orange juice and meds in general tends to be a bad idea. Meds are already not so easy on the stomach, same as orange juice, even if you don't notice it normally. Mixing the two is likely just too much for you.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I stopped taking it with anything citrus and haven't felt sick again, so I'm guessing that was it.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"