May 2014 Moms

using batteries to pump?

JennyinheavenJennyinheaven member
edited September 2014 in May 2014 Moms
I have an Ameda purely yours and I ep and supplement. Planning a weekend camping trip with my H in two weeks were my mom will take DD and we get to have some grown ups time. I am debating if I should try pumping in the woods using batteries in my pump or start drying up. DD will be five months on the 19th and has just started trying mashed vegetables and also drinks formula. Advice, thoughts?

Re: using batteries to pump?

• I guess it's really your choice. Did you have a goal in mind as far as how long you'd like to BF for?

I'm not familiar with the type of pump you have, so I can't speak to using it with batteries. I don't know if this is an option, but I got a car adapter for mine and have used it a bunch of times. Just as easy and I get the same output as I do at home.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • JennyinheavenJennyinheaven member
    edited September 2014
    @LunaBug924‌ , I am on the fence I guess that's why I'm posting. Originally I thought I would be all earth mother and breastfeed until she weened herself but in reality I had an emergency c and didn't actually meet my baby until a few hours after birth, she was given a bottle in that time, then she had jaundice all that led to serious latch issues that several visits to several LC's couldn't remedy so pumping was my compromise to stay sane. That being said I am proud I made it this far:), guess I'm not sure how much more $ I want to invest for a car charger etc if I'm closer to being done with it then not.
  • Loading the player...
  • @LunaBug924‌ , I am on the fence I guess that's why I'm posting. Originally I thought I would be all earth mother and breastfeed until she weened herself but in reality I had an emergency c and didn't actually meet my baby until a few hours after birth, she was given a bottle in that time, then she had jaundice all that led to serious latch issues that several visits to several LC's couldn't remedy so pumping was my compromise to stay sane. That being said I am proud I made it this far:), guess I'm not sure how much more $ I want to invest for a car charger etc if I'm closer to being done with it then not.
    I definitely understand. I'm sorry you've had so many hardships, but it's great that you've been able to give your LO breastmilk up till this point! It's really a personal decision whether you want to continue. If you think you'll be happy with your decision once you return, then go for it! But if there's any chance you'll feel guilty about quitting because it was more convenient not to pump on your trip, then maybe you should take the pump along. 

All that's important is that your baby is fed, and that you are both happy. So whatever you decide is the right decision. 
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Be prepared to go through lots of batteries...I think my battery pack for a medela says it lasts about 8 pumps. I have a car adapter not specific to a pump...just an adapter from a cigarette lighter/outlet to make it able to plug anything in. You can find them at a decent price nearly anywhere. It'd be worth it to me...but that's just me.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's really up to you if you feel you want to start weaning or not. I have a $20 manual lansinoh pump that I use for traveling, that's what I would bring rather than bother with the big pump. I actually find that it's more efficient than the medela symphony (hospital grade) pump I use at work so it takes me about the same amount of time to pump both breasts than with the double electric.
  • If by chance you haven't learned to hand express yet, I highly recommend learning before your trip. I went on a trip and didn't know how and I had to wake up a sleeping baby to nurse. Whether you decide to wean or not, it will be good to know while camping. Lots of good YouTube videos. Good luck with your decision. Do what's best for your family!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Becole42 I have the same problem with mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"