Two Under 2
Options

How to tell my boss that I am pregnant AGAIN!

edited September 2014 in Two Under 2
Hi Ladies,

Haven't been here in a while. I need some advise from all you mommies that have gone through this. How can I tell my boss that I am pregnant again after just 6 months of giving birth to my first? and when it's the right time to tell him? I would really appreciate your advise.

XOXO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to tell my boss that I am pregnant AGAIN!

• Options

I had to tell my boss I was expecting 8 months after my first.  I just told her we were 'happily, but unexpectedly, expecting.'  It was really more of a half truth - we WERE trying, but we never thought it would happen naturally, so that was a surprise :)  And I figured if she thought it was a surprise to us, what could she say really?

• Options

My boss did my job while I was gone.  He HATED it, and was very vocal about it.  I got pregnant right before my little's first birthday.  He'd been fantastic about time off for midwife appointments, 8 week maternity leave, and unrestricted (paid) pumping time.  I told a friend it was like telling your mom you're pregnant at 16... I was worried.   But I just caught him in his office, closed the door and told him my husband and I are expecting.

It blew over quickly.  It helps that he's a father of 5 with a late-in-life surprise born months before my first.  He just made it clear that he will NOT be doing my job this time.

What kind of reaction are you expecting?  What are you worried about?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"