High-Risk Pregnancy

24 hour urine collection? update*

WA1215WA1215 member
edited September 2014 in High-Risk Pregnancy
I have had HBP since before TTC, and I'm on medication. I did the 24 hour collection yesterday and dropped it off this morning. According to my online medical chart, the results are already back and it's high. Normal lab range for protein is 30-150 mine is 217. This test was done to get a baseline for my pg, and bc of my HBP (it was slightly elevated at my last appointment). I have an OB appointment later this week, my monthly and I'm sure they will go over the results then. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar results from this test, and what should I be expecting they do or go over at my next appointment? *update. Results are in and I had my appointment with my OB, my numbers from the urine collection are good, since they are under 300. I'm so relieved! @mommaJen10‌ - how did yours go? Thanks everyone for the help :)
**All welcome**
 Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
Married Dec. 2007
10/2013 Clomid, bfn
10/2013 HSG, all clear
11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 24 hour urine collection? update*

• I'm doing a baseline 24 hour urine this week as well. I don't have any input to give you, but please update with what your doctor says!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm doing a baseline 24 hour urine this week as well. I don't have any input to give you, but please update with what your doctor says!

Will do, and good luck to you! Just as an FYI, I completely filled my jug and next time I will be asking for a second just in case. I do drink a ton of water though.
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha I will keep that in mind when. I start tomorrow :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I baselined in the 150s in 1st tri.  In 3rd tri I got as high as 298, but because my baseline was higher, they wouldn't have diagnosed it as Pre-E until closer to 500 when typically they get worried at 300.

Ask what your Pre-E diagnosis threshold will be.

Ask what you can do now to keep things in  control?  I upped my BP meds, reduced sodium (no more canned soup or lean cuisines for me), and kept on with walking for exercise and my last 24 hour collection actually showed my levels dropped back down a little bit.

Are you seeing a high-risk doc for growth ultrasounds and BPPs in 3rd tri?  You probably should be.

Good Luck!

DD 7/2010, DS 3/2012, #3 due 4/24/2015

• I had pre-e last time, so they did a 24 hour catch in 1st tri to get a baseline, my number was 95. A few weeks ago I was having headaches and my BP was up a bit so they did another 24 hour catch and it was 185. My OB said that it can fluctuate and as long as it was under 300 he wasn't concerned. He also said that for me to be diagnosed with pre-e my number would have to be 395 (to account for the baseline). 

At my 20 week appointment my OB just went over warning signs to look out for and encouraged me to take my BP (I have access to a machine at home and at work) if I'm feeling "off". 

Good luck to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My bp is usually low but at 31 weeks last time it spiked and didn't go down. So I did a 24 hour catch a few weeks ago (I second getting two jugs) and I was told it was "normal" so I have to see what that means. I didn't have any protein issues last time but they wanted a baseline. I'm also monitoring my bp at home and takin baby aspirin.
    Kup
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• baileylove22baileylove22 member
    edited September 2014
    I did a baseline urine collection at 15w and my results were 118. My doctor said my results were within normal range. He did not give me a breakdown of what an acceptable range will be on my next collection will be though. I will have to ask. My doctor told me the warning signs to look for like the other ladies. I am taking my blood pressure at least 2x a day at home to watch for spikes. I have to go in if a spike is not coming back down. I am also taking baby aspirin.

I am not sure how accurate this is, but I found this breakdown of what normal results would be:

https://www.babymed.com/laboratory-values/24-hour-protein-excretion-urine-during-pregnancy

ETA: Additional info from my doctor appt.
  • WA1215WA1215 member
    edited September 2014

I baselined in the 150s in 1st tri.  In 3rd tri I got as high as 298, but because my baseline was higher, they wouldn't have diagnosed it as Pre-E until closer to 500 when typically they get worried at 300.

Ask what your Pre-E diagnosis threshold will be.

Ask what you can do now to keep things in  control?  I upped my BP meds, reduced sodium (no more canned soup or lean cuisines for me), and kept on with walking for exercise and my last 24 hour collection actually showed my levels dropped back down a little bit.

Are you seeing a high-risk doc for growth ultrasounds and BPPs in 3rd tri?  You probably should be.

Good Luck!

I'm not seeing a high risk OB, they do have me down as Semi High Risk. I will be asking about what to expect the rest of my pg based on what my results are when I see my OB tomorrow. Thank you!
    **All welcome**
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Has anyone been sent to a nephrologist? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"