Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Zipadee Zip - Is it worth nearly $50 dollars?

Hi everyone! 

If you use the zipadee zip, is it really worth nearly $50? 

If you got a better deal, how?

Thanks!
Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 

Re: Zipadee Zip - Is it worth nearly $50 dollars?

• Options
    Are you transitioning out of a swaddle? How old is LO?

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your questions though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    He is almost 7 months now. He uses the baby merlin sleep suit but he is outgrowing it and I'm thinking it may be too much for him now. But he isn't ready to sleep without anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried letting him sleep without anything? Really giving him a chance to try it out?

He may totally surprise you by rolling onto his tummy and finding a comfortable position.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    No actually we haven't. He actually doesn't roll over at all and shoes no plan on doing it. He sits up completely unassisted but shows zero interest in rolling over or crawling! I guess it couldn't hurt to try though.
  • Options
    I love the Zipadee Zip! I had my LO in a halo swaddle up until a month ago (5 months). We transitioned to the Zipadee Zip. The first 2 nights were rough but now he loves it. It keeps him from scratching his face and pulling out his pacifier but when he rolls he can still do pushups and keep his face clear. It worked exactly as it was supposed to for us.
    Married 4/24/2009 TTC 1/01/2013 BFP 7/1/2013
    TTC #2 01/01/15 BFP 4/24/15
    Healthy Baby Boy Delivered in March 2014
    "Courage is not absence from fear but rather and understanding; that what you desire is greater than what you fear"

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also love the Zippy.  Not sure if it helped us with the swaddle transition (that is also when we did CIO, so hard to know what helped).  And, we never tried a traditional sleep sack, so....

You may want to give a regular sleep sack a try first since the $$ is high.

All that being said, we love our Zippy and paid full price.

• Options
    OP: we used the Merlin sleep suit too.  It was great until he was able to roll over in it.  We put him in a sleep sack and thought we would be in for a few rough nights.  It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  We were all up a lot that first night as he rolled around, trying to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. However, the next night, he just rolled over on his tummy and fell asleep.  It worked out for us and I was glad we didn't spend more money on another sleep aid to only have to transition him out of it.  GL!
  • Options
    I asked myself the same thing lol! But, yes, Its worth it. We had it passed down from a friend but our LO LOVES so we bought a bigger size as she grew. She sleeps super great in it bc its cozy but she can still move around. I don't think you'll regret it!
  • Options

We almost got the zipadee zip because we were at the end of our rope when LO wasn't sleeping through the night. We thought it was because she was no longer swaddled. We had transitioned her to the sleep sack and thought the zip might be better. After a visit to the doctor and a lot of reading, we just sleep trained. She doesn't sleep with anything now. I am thinking about reintroducing the sleep sack when we get to winter though, just because it gets so cold at night.

I thought that the zipadee zip site had some that were closer to $30?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Options
    Thanks everyone! We ended up stopping all sleep aids. He doesn't sleep any better but he also doesn't sleep any worse! Now we need to work on sleep training but he is one stubborn kid! 

Thank you all for the inputs.
  • Options
    rds51510 said:

We almost got the zipadee zip because we were at the end of our rope when LO wasn't sleeping through the night. We thought it was because she was no longer swaddled. We had transitioned her to the sleep sack and thought the zip might be better. After a visit to the doctor and a lot of reading, we just sleep trained. She doesn't sleep with anything now. I am thinking about reintroducing the sleep sack when we get to winter though, just because it gets so cold at night.

I thought that the zipadee zip site had some that were closer to $30?

I think the lowest price is around $38 but if you think about how often they will use it it is well worth the $. I can count several things that were the ska price or more that we rarely used sadly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"