International Bumpies
Options

STOCKHOLM MAMMAS!

hi! Currently living in Estonia and im surprising my husband with a trip to Stockholm the 2nd week of Oct and we're taking our 9month old. We'll be walking mostly but I wanted some insight! Should I bring my Quinny zapp extra stroller or our heavy duty Emmalijunga stroller? We're coming by ship so I dont think bringing a stroller will be an issue...I'm just curious if I will need something with better/sturdy wheels on the streets of stockholm....thanks! 

Oh and I'll also have my Moby Wrap as well...

Re: STOCKHOLM MAMMAS!

• Options
    I'm not from Stockholm, but we were in Stockholm in February and will be going back this December. I think it depends on what you're wanting to do in Stockholm. If you're planning to hang around Djurgårten, the roads are very flat and you won't need anything heavy-duty stroller-wise, but if you're going to spend time in Gamla stan, the cobblestone might be a little much for your extra stroller.
    Daisypath Vacation tickersBabyFetus Ticker
    Married 19 October 2013
    TTC since June 2014
    BFP: 3 July 2014
    EDD: Pi Day 2015
  • Options
    Yea we were planning to spend some time in Gamla Stan for sure, I know our Quinny stroller doesn't do well in our "old town" either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd probably be safe and go with the more heavy-duty stroller then. Public transit is very stroller-friendly in Stockholm, so it shouldn't hold you back at all.
    Daisypath Vacation tickersBabyFetus Ticker
    Married 19 October 2013
    TTC since June 2014
    BFP: 3 July 2014
    EDD: Pi Day 2015
  • Options
    I live in Sweden and go to Stockholm about every other month. Stockholm is very stroller friendly. I always take my Bugaboo Donkey & have very few issues. Gamla Stan definitely is an area that you need durable wheels. It's all cobblestone. By the way, just a little insider's tip, you can take the city busses for free with your stroller; however, everyone else with you does have to pay. You still have to pay for subway & trams.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"