3rd Trimester
Options

UHC Insurance and Breast Pumps

I called them and they gave me the name of 3 vendors they use and also mentioned they now use target pharmacy. Some of the options I have seem to carry Medela which everyone raves about. Not sure if they are electric though.  They didn't mention anything about the Dr. having to write a prescription for electric. Anyone already gone through this processs with UHC?

Re: UHC Insurance and Breast Pumps

• Options

Why does Medela get all the raving reviews opposed to the other brands? Is there a brand rank?

• Options
    I just ordered mine online like 35 days away from my due date and they sent it 30 days out. I got it 3 days later. very fast shipping and very easy to order. i picked Medela but my sister also gave me her old Ameda so i have both.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mkw1013  which vendor did you order from and did you need a prescription?
  • Options
    Yes you need a prescription. Ask uhc for the websites, it's really easy to order online. I got the medela 3 days after my order was submitted and prescription verified.
  • Options
    Semi-random thought: Last time around, the BFing thing did not work out. My son wouldn't latch, then I tried pumping and that didn't work either so I may be one of the lucky ones that has actual problems with milk coming in. Is there a time frame you have to order within?

I would really like to BF this time around, but I'm apprehensive to buy all the gear, knowing how epically I failed last time...
    If your insurance covers the pump, I suggest just ordering one and having it on hand anyways. I'd prefer to not have to do paperwork and such with a newborn when I could have had it prior to the birth. Just my opinion!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    I have UHC insurance and they gave me the same info, but the also said I could ask the women's shop in the hospital if they are a medical supply vendor, or something like that. They said they were when I asked, so they handed me a Medela double electric right on the spot after copying my ins card and drivers licenses. It was super easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"