Adoption

Intro

Hi, I read a couple posts saying this was the best board on the bump, so figured I'd better stick around. :)

My husband (32) and I (30) are in the process of researching domestic infant adoption. I've reached out to local agencies (I'm from Wisconsin) to set up info sessions. Our first one right now is mid-October. (If you worked with an agency in WI or one that works with WI, feel free to PM me!)

My husband was diagnosed and treated for testicular cancer in 2013. He had two surgeries as well as a few months of chemo, but is 100% cancer free now. His surgeries left us with two options for a child. IVF with frozen sperm, and adoption. We've decided to skip any fertility treatments and go straight to building our family through adoption.

This is a scary and overwhelming process, and we haven't officially started (just lots of googling!) I'm off to read some FAQs. I saw one on book recs, and am hoping to find a good one for my H to read (me too, but he's done less googling).
Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010

Re: Intro

• Welcome! We adopted domestically in 2010
  • Congrats to your husband on beating Cancer!!! Praying for you throughout your adoption journey!
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome! I'm in Wisconsin as well, but we decided to go foster-to-adopt in Milwaukee County, so I don't have much info on DIA. 

• Hi!  MH & I are from WI just adopted a baby boy from in the state last fall.  I'll PM you the name of our agency if you're interested. 

One short book that I liked and gave out to close family was "In On It".  It didn't go into too much depth on any single topic but was a good starter read for families involved in adoption.

Good luck with everything!
    TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all for the welcome! I've already learned a lot from my couple days on this board. I purchased in on it, and plan to read and pass along.
  • Welcome! My partner and I adopted in July of 2013! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm loving all the Wisconsin connections! I agree Go Pack Go, but I'm a huge Badger fan (went to school at UW and live in Madison).

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"