Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Britax Pioneer 70 vs. Graco Nautilus 3-in-1

Looking for a new booster seat for my 5 year old.  I want one with 5 point harness and I'm torn between these two.  Any recommendations?  Likes/dislikes?  I like the Britax Frontier with the easy click installation and 90 lbs harness weight, but too expensive for our budget!   

Re: Britax Pioneer 70 vs. Graco Nautilus 3-in-1

• Options
    Walmart is having a rollback sale on the Pioneer, so the price difference between the 2 isn't much, so price isn't a factor.
  • Options
    Depends on how tall your kiddo is.  FWIW, DD hated the Nautilus.  She's on the taller side, so we got her a Frontier 90, which has one of the longest torso lengths in the convertibles.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are going to be switching the booster in and out of your car, I highly recommend the frontier.  I know it's expensive, but the installation is totally worth it IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have 2 Marathons, and have had more problems with the mechanisms of the seats. The strap adjustments, etc. Either get stuck or have become so cumbersome to use that I'm totally turned off of Britax. In fact, I put the pioneer and Nautilus side by side in the store and tried both. I found the pioneer to have the same rickety/ cumbersome feeling in the mechanisms, even while brand new, so I went with the Nautilus. Looking forward to a better experience.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Frontier, and have tried a Nautilus.  DD hated the Nautilus but likes the Frontier (as do I - the ClickTight mechanism is awesome).  I know it's not the Pioneer you are talking about, but we do love it.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have zero experience with Britax, but we have 2 Nautiluses and have really liked them. No complaints here. If your child has a very tall torso, you probably want the Britax over the Graco, it has higher top slots.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"