Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What do you feed LO for lunch?

My DS just turned one and moved up to a new class at daycare. His teacher seemed surprised that yogurt and cheese was all I packed for his lunch. Now I am not sure if I am giving him enough :(.

What are some things you give your LO for lunch?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What do you feed LO for lunch?

• Options
    Homemade chicken fingers (https://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/infant-finger-food.html), steamed frozen mixed veggies and fruit.
  • Options
    Quesadilla, pb&j sandwich, leftovers from dinner, grilled cheese, and a fruit or vegetable.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I try to balance food groups and provide small amts of several different things.  So might be pb sandwich, 15 raspberries, and a cheese stick.  Or bits of chicken, orange half, a handful of puffs, and a yogurt pouch.  Leftovers from dinner are very good.  I would also include a veggie if I thought it would be eaten...but usually just try to present veggies at dinner in new ways because she is so hateful towards them.
  • Options
    DS gets yogurt and applesauce for lunch.  His morning snack is usually a banana, and afternoon snack is a piece of cheese and some fruit, or hummus instead of the cheese.  Dinner is a fruit and chicken-veggie puree mix (I make a huge crockpot full of chicken with celery, carrots, potatoes, okra, and onion).  Breakfast is a smoothie and a veggie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For those who send a grilled cheese sandwich or quesdilla, how do you prepare and send it to DC? Make it in the morning and they heat it up there?
  • Options
    Pb&j is staple, I buy a brand of organic mac n cheese and chicken nuggets that have veggies pureed in, southwest black bean soup, usually a fruit of some sort, yogurt.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    Usually leftovers from the previous night's dinner.  This always includes a meat and veggie with maybe some rice or something.  She also eats breakfast and 2 snacks at day care.  You could send scrambled eggs which are easy enough to prepare the night before.  When I make eggs sometimes I put a little cheese or peppers in there.  DD has been eating almost everything I eat since just before she turned 1.
  • Options
    Hummus is a must in our house!  Both kids dip crackers and sometimes pretzels or veggies in it.  Plus there are so many different flavors of hummus.  It's a way to give protein in theri lunch.  We also do pb&j, cheese sandwich, yogurt and fruit, cheese and crackers, or sometimes just cereal.  It all depends on their mood.  GL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Usually leftovers from the previous night's dinner. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I give DD things like raviolis, pita bread with hummus, turkey and cheese, PB & J on crackers, along with some fruit and veggies. Also, I'm not sure if you like to cook or not, but have you looked at the Weelicious blog? She has some great suggestions for easy toddler meals.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"