Food Allergy

Eczema, mucus/blood in stool, oversupply, and possible food allergies? Advice?

Hi! I have been lurking on here for a while but never posted. But lately DS has had some symptoms and I would like some advice.
DS #2 is now three months old. He has acid reflux and has been on medicine for it since he was three weeks old. He is on Losec. Shortly after that, I found out that I have oversupply, foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, and very fast letdown and flow. Both of my sons have been strictly BF but I never had any issues with DS #1 despite my large supply.
My suspisions were confirmed through the Le Leche League and a breastfeeding consultant that I have oversupply and foremilk/hindmilk issues. DS was having green mucousy stool with small flecks of frank red blood in it. Upon modifying my BF (more than what I was already doing) within 24 hours his stool was back to a normal yellow seedy color. I was ecstatic! If I missed hand expressing before a BF session I would notice some green come back in his stool. But if I was consistent on my BF modifications then there were no issues. He is also on Biogaia (probiotic drops) to help heal and replenish his digestive tract flora.
About a month ago, I noticed a small patch of eczema starting on his bum. Within just a couple weeks, the eczema had spread to his entire lower back, legs, and arms. He has also started to have a tiny amount of green stool mixed with the yellow stool and occasionally some flecks of blood again. Within the last few days it has been more common. He just started on some hydrocortisone cream for his eczema. So, after reading posts from you ladies and doing some more research I have cut out all dairy and eggs. It has only been a couple days. We will see if this helps after I have been off those two things for 3 weeks straight. If it doesn't clear up after that, I may have to do a TED. I really hope it doesn't come to that!
It is so hard to know if the green stool and tiny amount of blood is due to my oversupply or from a food allergy/sensitivity. The stool is mostly yellow and seedy with some green and occasional blood. Anyone else out there have this same issue? The eczema makes me think that it is more than just my oversupply. I just don't want to see any blood at all in his diapers!
I have his 3 month check up at the doctors next week. I saw her just a few days ago to get the hydrocortisone cream for his eczema and she really didn't suggest anything else. I think this visit I will ask to see an allergist or pediatrician.
Just looking for some thoughts from others in the same boat. Sorry for the ridiculously long post. Lol! TIA!

Re: Eczema, mucus/blood in stool, oversupply, and possible food allergies? Advice?

• I am in the same boat. My boy is 4 months old. I started with just cutting out dairy and now I am on TED. I am hoping to see some changes. Doctor said if he continues to have mucousy/blood in stools she will send him to digestive doctor. Sorry no advice but you are not alone.
  • Oh dear! Sorry to hear! I truly hope you see some good results soon! I really don't want to have to do TED, but I will do anything for my boys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"