Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Inconsistent Night Wakeups

Hello all! LO is 3 mos in 4 days so I just ventured over here for the first time. He is almost 13 weeks actual 7 adjusted. He goes down at night no problem, same time each night but he is really really inconsistent about night waking. Some nights he sleeps 8-5 and other nights (most lately) he is up crying several other times. We have been making sure he is not going back to sleep them soothing him back to sleep. We usually feed him anywhere between 2-3 if he wakes then (or 5 if it is one of those random nights) but all other times soothing him gets him back to sleep for usually a few hours or so.

My question is: is this just normal baby behavior and he will grow out of it? Is there something we should be doing? He used to be 8-1 or 2:30 every night and it is really hard to deal with the inconsistency. I have started going to bed really early because I never know if we will be back up at 11 or 12 or not. Any ideas? he sleeps in his crib, swaddled and everything is the same in terms of oz fed during day etc - naps do vary though..

Re: Inconsistent Night Wakeups

• Options
    That sounds fairly normal.  At 3months my little one was waking anywhere from 2-4 times per night.  We eventually bumped his bedtime back to 6:30 and he started sleeping better.  Now he sleeps 6:30-6:30, getting up 1-2 times per night to eat.  I think they just start to get consistent about night sleep around three months.
  • Options
    Sounds normal, for a few weeks DD had a good schedule with one 4 am wake up. At 12 weeks she learned to roll and things are a mess now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Completely normal. There is a lot going on for them that can disrupt their sleep now. I know it is rough but you just have to roll with it a little. They are babies, not robots - they will be totally inconsistent sometimes. You will think you have it down and then they will suddenly switch it up.

• Options
    Okay thank you! I figured as much but wanted to make sure there wasn't something we could/should do to make things progress more consistently. He likes to keep us on our toes!

• Options
    Dd is four months and used to sleep 730-4/5 now is waking up either at 1, 3, 4 or 5. Duno what's normal but your def not alone anyways!
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    same here!!!  One night she will sleep 8-5 and other nights like last night she slept 8-130 then needed a feeding and slept till 7am

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"