Babies: 3 - 6 Months

To wake up or let sleep

So DD is 3 months old and is finally on a nap schedule for the most part....she has been taking a morning and afternoon nap. Question is how long do you let little one nap for?? I have been waking her up between 2 and 2 1/2 hrs unless she wakes before that.

Re: To wake up or let sleep

• That is what I do also - we don't have consistent naps here yet though :( but if they go long that is when I wake him also.

• What I would give for a 2 hour nap!!! I would let the baby sleep unless it's getting later in the day and too close to bedtime.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the never wake a sleeping baby camp. Unless it's getting past 6 pm as it would mess with ds bedtime. I don't need my kid up to 11 thinking it's party time.
  • I'm in the never wake a sleeping baby camp. Unless it's getting past 6 pm as it would mess with ds bedtime. I don't need my kid up to 11 thinking it's party time.

This

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• DD used to take long naps - oh how I miss those days....anyway, I only woke her if her nap went past three hours or if it had been 5 hours since she had eaten last. Because if I let her go loner than that she was just screwed up for the rest of the day.

Late in the day I never let naps go past 2 hours but they rarely did anyway - it was usually her morning or mid day nap that was a long one.

• Definitely let your babe sleep if she is gaining weight steadily and eating well. My babe is 5 months old and I WISH she would just go to sleep. Enjoy this while it lasts.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• I wake past 3.5 so it doesn't mess with my supply. I fear losing my milk!
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 3 months? Let LO sleep. Enjoy the long naps while you can... I'm lucky to get a 30-45 min nap. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Let me sleep. There's a large growth spurt around 3 months, if they are sleeping that much it's usually because they need it.
  • I have been letting him sleep. If it's a nap that goes beyond 3 hours I start to slowly make noises or open the blinds and he usually wakes himself up shortly after that. I think they sleep because they need it but any nap longer than 3ish hours could mess with night time sleeping from my experience with my baby.
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• if she sleeps through the night with that schedule then i would keep it up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"