Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

New Here! Higher AMH Levels & Clomid Success

Hi Everyone! I've been a lurker for quite some time, and you all are so kind, experienced, and understanding so I thought this might be a good place for me to start. My husband and I have been TTC since January, and when I was only have a period every 4-5 months, I made an appt with my OBGYN. After some tests, he revealed that he suspects I have PCOS. I'm not seeing an RE yet, and I realize that may be the next step. My blood work came back normal, except my OBGYN said my AMH level is a 7. I'm starting my first round of Clomid (50mg), and I was curious if you all knew if there was a higher chance of pregnancy success on Clomid with a higher than normal AMH level? If so, is there an increased risk of multiples (knowing the chance of multiples already goes up when using Clomid as an anovulation treatment)?

I really appreciate your feedback and wisdom! Thank you for reading!

Re: New Here! Higher AMH Levels & Clomid Success

• Options
    Yes to what @PenguinMG‌ said. You are taking a huge risk with your health not being properly monitored on clomid by an RE!!
    someecards.com - Everyone's getting pregnant and having babies....... And I'm just sitting here making ovarian cystsimage

My Ovulation Chart
    Me-30 PCOs  DH-32
    April 2013-Came off BCP
    Cycles1-3: 70+ days ending w/ Provera
    Nov 2013: Dx w/ PCOs and started Pregnitude
    Cycles 4-5: Cycling with Prometrium- Still no ovulation
    Cycle 6: Finally O'd by myself on CD 29 (7 day LP)
    Cycles 7-10: Late ovulation and short LPs
    Sept 2014-Finally making an RE appointment! 9/24
    10/1-began metformin; 10/16 HSG= All clear! SA= super sperm
    Cycle 12: Nov 2014-2.5 mg femara + TI = BFN
    Cycle 13 Dec 2014 2.5 mg femara + TI =?
    TTGP December Siggy: Favorite Christmas Movie SNL Digital Short

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PenguinMG said:
    EmSM said:

Hi Everyone! I've been a lurker for quite some time, and you all are so kind, experienced, and understanding so I thought this might be a good place for me to start. My husband and I have been TTC since January, and when I was only have a period every 4-5 months, I made an appt with my OBGYN. After some tests, he revealed that he suspects I have PCOS. I'm not seeing an RE yet, and I realize that may be the next step. My blood work came back normal, except my OBGYN said my AMH level is a 7. I'm starting my first round of Clomid (50mg), and I was curious if you all knew if there was a higher chance of pregnancy success on Clomid with a higher than normal AMH level? If so, is there an increased risk of multiples (knowing the chance of multiples already goes up when using Clomid as an anovulation treatment)?

I really appreciate your feedback and wisdom! Thank you for reading!

You're not seeing an RE yet but you're taking Clomid?

Seems to me if you had lurked here at all you knew this ^ would be the common sentiment for your situation. Don't take clomid from an OB. You need to be monitored or you are putting yourself at risk. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Read the newbie blog please.

I wouldn't want to take Clomid without the proper monitoring of an RE.  Getting pregnant faster would be awesome, but I'd rather not risk high order multiples or play russian roulette with my uterine lining.

OP, i'd strongly suggest getting a second opinion from an RE before taking the Clomid.  You've only been trying for 8 months, but you have PCOS and only have been getting a period once every 4-5 months, so this is probably a reasonable time for you to visit one.

• Options

Thank you all! My OBGYN said that once I start the Clomid cycle (not yet started), that I'll come in for monitoring, but you're right that I'm not currently seeing or scheduled to see an RE. I'll be sure to ask my doctor if I need to make an appointment with an RE to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed during my treatment. I just didn't know if a higher AMH level would maybe yield a better result on Clomid, but it sounds like it really depends on how my body reacts to the medication as a whole. Thank you all very, very much!

• Options
    KingLEDKingLED member
    edited September 2014
    Monitoring from your OB =/= monitoring from an RE. Also, what Naria said. 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"