Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Gifts

After browsing here for 30 minutes, I finally found what I've been looking for. Hi there everyone, how was your day? Today, one of my friends invited me to her baby shower and the first thing that comes up in my mind is the "gifts". For you who have their baby showers, what are the gifts would you prefer for the first time mom? I have no plan to check her baby registry because I want to give her a gift that comes from your suggestion. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Baby Shower Gifts

• Options
    I got a list of gifts here which I like the most. You might want to choose from this gifts. Baby clothes, diapers, baby wipes, baby lotions, baby powder, baby thermometer or baby backseat mirror. Don't worry if something here is expensive because you're not giving this kind of gift from time to time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you don't have an idea in mind, you are exactly the type of guest that the baby registry is intended for.

As others said, if you are crafty then something handmade would be awesome. Or if you go way back with this friend and have a special memory that you could go off of. For example, if the two of you were on swim team together in college you could do something bath/swim related for the baby. I have a good friend that I have known practically forever and I knew her favorite children's movie. I got her a onesie with a character from the movie and some other things like Dr. Seuss books, etc. and put a note about how one of the best things about having a child is getting to re-experience the wonder of childhood through their eyes. 

The gifts we liked the most were all bought off of our registry. We took a lot of time creating the registry and figuring out just what we need. As others pointed out, a registry is usually an exhaustive list of items that the mother plans to use and we all have different parenting styles. We got some gifts that we can't/won't use like johnson and johnson bath products and disposable diapers and wipes. While some mommy's would love these items, I have really sensitive skin and we are cloth diapering so they are just a waste of money. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"