Food Allergy
Options

MSPI and future children

Hello all! This may be a question that doesn't have an answer, but I thought I would ask anyway :). I can't bf so I have to use formula. My dd (4) had some problems with regular formula but did great on similac sensitive. Her pediatrician treated her for lactose intolerance and acid reflux. My ds (3) came along and ended up on elecare and a host of meds for acid reflux and constipation. He had a scope at 3 months that showed 3 ulcers and took meds for that as well. He was failure to thrive until about 8 months. Blood work never revealed anything but his gi diagnosed him as mspi and an allergist said he was severely allergic to milk and soy. Now that he's 3 he can tolerate most all foods and even some dairy and we have finally been released from the gi. My dd can now tolerate lactose and all foods. I once asked my sons gi if we had more children would they have mspi and he said yes and that it usually just gets worse with each child. What has your experience been? I will ask our pedi next time we are there but I'm just curious what to expect. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to give background info.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MSPI and future children

• Options
    My DD was allergic to dairy and my DS is also allergic to dairy with a host of other FAs, so in our case DS was worse than DD, but I know there are other ladies on the board who have one child with allergies and the other is totally fine.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for your input! My pediatrician agreed that it's just hit or miss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"