May 2014 Moms

PP recovery

I had an episiotomy and sex is still very uncomfortable. Anyone else? I just want to be able to actually enjoy it and not cringe at the thought of it. I thought the more it happened the easier it would be but no such luck :(

I guess it also doesn't help that the wonderful hemorrhoids are back in full effect. When does this all end???!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PP recovery

• I had a pretty easy labor and just a very tiny tear and I still feel that tear during sex too, plus it doesn't help being so dry down there from BFing.. So you're not alone. No idea when we'll be back to normal though, if ever? :-<
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a 4th degree tear and we've only sex 4 times since DD was born. First time, we couldn't finish because it hurt too much. The other 3 times it is always uncomfortable and then once I'm into it, its fine. It doesn't help that I have like zero sex drive now. 

Sorry to hijack your thread OP, but will I always have a lowish sex drive while BF? I'm annoyed with myself for not wanting it like I used to...

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• I was just reading that your sex drive will be low while breast feeding because of low estrogen levels. Thanks everyone glad I'm not alone but hope we all start feeling more normal down there very soon!

• I had a 2nd degree tear and stitches, and we just had sex for the first time last weekend. We have played around a bit before that, but as soon as we tried sex it was painful. I think a lot of it was hesitation on my part, making me nervous and tense up. Lots of lube helped.
    But yeah, I'm not in a huge rush to get back to our normal sex routine honestly. I'm so tired all the time, if I have extra time in the evening I want to use it sleeping.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • I wasn't told how much I tore either, but I know I needed a lot of stitches. We had successful sex the first time last week! I'm glad to know it isn't just me. It was painful but once we finally got going it wasn't too bad, just uncomfortable. I'm breastfeeding and have no sex drive whatsoever and I feel like I never will again!

Anniversary

• It's funny, I want to want to have sex, but I just can't muster it. Hopefully some well-rested day soon I'll get it back.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • I had an episiotomy, and it still hurts to have sex. Not bad enough to not do it, but I don't look forward to it. I have zero drive...I think we have done it 5 times since I was cleared two months ago. I had an episiotomy with DS1 also, but the pain never lingered. However, DS2 was 2 lbs bigger at birth.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I'm still dealing with a hemi. It's just hanging on by a thread. Luckily I still have medicine.
  • I had a csection that was scheduled so no labor at all, DH and I have attempted sex like five times and have only finished once. I can't believe the pain, I actually want to cry just thinking about it. I had no idea it would be this painful when I didn't even have a vaginal birth. I'm hoping that if I force myself to do it more than once a month it will get easier and more pleasurable. I think having so much time in between allows for everything to tighten back up again. Hope we all start enjoying sex again soon. GL ladies!
    Same here!  I was thinking c-section meant sex would be a non issue... wrong!  The first time we DTD I couldn't believe how much it hurt!  It took a few times before it got better.  Now if only my sex drive would magically appear...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had a 2nd degree tear but I didn't even stop PP bleeding until 13 weeks. We've DTD twice since 14 weeks and it wasn't awful but using condoms is completely foreign it's been nearly 4 years without.
  • I'm feeling better physically, but we're still not very active. I hate condoms so that, combined with being tired and just an overall lack of desire isn't doing us any favors.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • @usernewname‌ what medicine are you using for hemi's?

• Procto foam. It's slowly doing the job. I'm on the second refill and will probably need my 3rd.
  • No. Not poor DH. Poor me! I want to enjoy sex!

I ended up buying a numbing lube that is advertised as an anal lube. It has really helped take the sharp pain out. I can actually enjoy sex more now.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• No. Not poor DH. Poor me! I want to enjoy sex!

I ended up buying a numbing lube that is advertised as an anal lube. It has really helped take the sharp pain out. I can actually enjoy sex more now.

Mind if I ask the brand. The only kind I could find was for guys with premature ejactulation issues, I thought that might be too strong.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Don't tell your dhs and see if he notices lol
  • Breastfeeding made sex really uncomfortable and then add on birth control. Since I have stopped breastfeeding and haven't gone back on bcp, sex doesn't hurt like it used to. (I've torn with both my kids, not episiotomy. But sex was painful or uncomfortable since my first was born, like I could feel the scar tissue where I tore. Likewise, I swear bcp stole my sex drive. )

T 2.12 | W 5.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"