May 2014 Moms
Options

UO

...and go! 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like Oprah.

I love spiders and snakes.

I don't believe in any product whose most vocal supporters also happen to be MLM sales reps for that product.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options

I find the whole Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas debate annoying as f*ck. Just say whatever and move on. 

Don't even get me started.
  • Options
    1- I'm an atheist and still say Merry Christmas. I even celebrate it, minus the whole Jesus is the reason thing. It's the holidays, it's nice to be nice so deal with it!

2- Not Facebook drama, but I can't stand seeing those Wrap posts. I think it's a UO because everyone seems to be selling it or using it. I kid you not, all of my Mom friends post something about this stupid wrap that makes you skinny or whatever. Just stop selling crap, any crap on Facebook!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cupcake Wars is totally rigged! I can always predict who is going to win based on looks and age for the event they're competing. Young fashion event? The young pretty baker will win. Robot convention? Quirky baker with glasses will win. Etc. So lame.
  • Options
    I sometimes like starting FB drama.

Example: Friend posted a link to an article about a baby found in a hot car (dead). She went on to comment how the parents should be prosecuted and that they must be terrible parents/people to "forget" a kid in the car. More babbling about how she could never forget her baby in the car and she doesnt need any of these new tricks to remember her baby is in the car.  She had a very holier than thou attitude and a "cant happen to me" position.

So I commented back that most of the time it is an accident and it does happen to good people/good parents. I cited studies about why it happens (slight change in routine, super tired, distracted) and said be thankful you feel it will never happen to you, but be aware that it is a possibility for anyone.

That got about 15 people flaming me for "defending the terrible people" and them calling me a bad parent since I can sympathize with leaving a baby in the car. Of course I expected that, especially from this group of ladies...but I still enjoyed the drama!

So IDK if its an UO of a FFThC, but if you say something holier than thou, arrogant, ignorant, stupid, offensive, etc. on FB, I will comment on it to stir up the pot. :)
    Lol, I totally do this. When people post something inflammatory or ignorant, I tend to comment even if I don't disagree with the person's point of view. I'm totally a pot-stirrer.

image     image    
  • Options
    I don't care when celebrities die (ie Joan Rivers today). I find them no more important than anyone else. Give it a one liner announcement about their passing and move on. It infuriates me knowing that the world news will be covering it tonight instead of spending time on things that matter.
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I hate all things football. I actually can't stand most sports, but I loathe football and the animalistic tendencies that it brings out in too many fans. If people cared about real issues as much as they cared about football (or the freaking Yankees - I'm from NY) then I think a lot of problems would get resolved. 
  • Options
    JennyinheavenJennyinheaven member
    edited September 2014
    The magical do over post seems to me like it is just there to enforce mom guilt.
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:

I hate all things football. I actually can :-I't stand most sports, but I loathe football and the animalistic tendencies that it brings out in too many fans. If people cared about real issues as much as they cared about football (or the freaking Yankees - I'm from NY) then I think a lot of problems would get resolved. 

I feel this way about hockey, I hate all things hockey!
  • Options
    I sometimes like starting FB drama.

Example: Friend posted a link to an article about a baby found in a hot car (dead). She went on to comment how the parents should be prosecuted and that they must be terrible parents/people to "forget" a kid in the car. More babbling about how she could never forget her baby in the car and she doesnt need any of these new tricks to remember her baby is in the car.  She had a very holier than thou attitude and a "cant happen to me" position.

So I commented back that most of the time it is an accident and it does happen to good people/good parents. I cited studies about why it happens (slight change in routine, super tired, distracted) and said be thankful you feel it will never happen to you, but be aware that it is a possibility for anyone.

That got about 15 people flaming me for "defending the terrible people" and them calling me a bad parent since I can sympathize with leaving a baby in the car. Of course I expected that, especially from this group of ladies...but I still enjoyed the drama!

So IDK if its an UO of a FFThC, but if you say something holier than thou, arrogant, ignorant, stupid, offensive, etc. on FB, I will comment on it to stir up the pot. :)
    This is hands down the best article I've read on the subject.  It's thorough, well researched, and presents a very informed view.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Facebook: I hate it when people rant about how something sad or bad has happened but they don't say what the hell happened, they just want Facebook prayers and attention. My cousin constantly does this and I refuse to give in. Also hate the fact that everyone has their smartphone up like a goddamn lighter at a concert recording and missing what's going on right in front of them! And they may watch that video once if at all.

• Options
    I dislike summer.  I hate the heat, humidity and bugs.  I live in a house with no central air, and one of our window units broke last week.  I can't wait for fall and winter to get here.

I also live in MN, and love snow.  
  • Options
    I just got rid of Facebook. All annoying shit gone instantly! But I still love me some Instagram.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    @MK1013- I'm from Rochester, but now live in Blue Earth.  
  • Options

I feel like I've got a doozy, and while I don't really mean to offend anyone, its huge in my life.

I think people who don't read are missing something pretty extraordinary. When I met my SIL I mentioned reading an article in a magazine she had laying around, and she told me, in all seriousness "oh I never read magazines, I just buy them for the fashion and makeup". I then came to learn she had never finished a book she was supposed to read for a high school class and she certainly hadn't picked up a book since graduating. I was flabbergasted. 

I think people who hate reading simply haven't found a book that connects them to the written word. I am incredibly grateful my mother and grandfather instilled in me a deep appreciation of literature. 

In all seriousness though, I do recognize that many individuals who struggle with reading may have a learning disability. For those people, I so wish I had a special ed degree and could help them relearn how to process language so they could enjoy books like I do.
    You don't need a special Ed degree to teach low literacy adults. I was a volunteer literacy tutor last year and it was so rewarding. I volunteered through the literacy council in my city. They do a two-day training session (it was very thorough) and provide all the materials (student work books and teacher guides). I was matched with a student (an adult in his 30s) and we created a learning plan with goals based on his objectives. It was an awesome way to give back to my community and I found it difficult but very rewarding. Our program required 4 hours a week, so we met twice a week for 2 hours.

I also volunteered teaching ESL adults. There was no training for that, but materials were provided. That was through my local library.

There are a lot of adults out there that recognize their weaknesses and do want to improve.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    FlemDance said:

Gonna join the FB bandwagon as well...

I hate how all my friends are suddenly soliciting my business. No, I don't want any Jamberry, Norwex, 31, Avon, etc. Just, no.

I also hate how couples, particularly couples that LIVE together, are virtually humping all over each other's pages.

"Ohemgee I love my hubby SOOOOOO much!!! Squee!!!"
    "I love you more, baby! You're the best! Dinner was amazing and I'm lucky to have you!!!!11!"

If you have to display your relationship like that on the Internet, you've got to be overcompensating for something.

The couples thing is so annoying. People must think our relationship is so bad because we never wish each other happy anniversary or birthday on Facebook. Instead, I say it to his face. I guess it's part of the perpetual bragging people do, "look at how much I love my partner". Because if no one sees it, you don't actually feel that way.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options

We have attended a lot (A LOT) of weddings in the past few years. We got married before most of our friends and now have a baby before most of our friends. Anyway, I can't stand the sand ceremony in a wedding. I'm OK with the candle ceremony and I really like the veil and cord (my Filipino hubby and I did this), but the sand bugs the hell out of me.  It reminds me of those tall glass containers that get filled with colored sand at the fair and topped with troll hair and a wonky nose. How romantic! Not.

We had a sand ceremony. Then the reception hall lost our sand. So we did it again on our 1st anniversary. We aren't religious so the other things you mentioned were out. And I loved it.

On the FB bandwagon, I hate when people post intimate details of their issues. Don't you want any privacy? And I hate when people "check in" everywhere. Do you want a stalker or everyone to know you're away so they can break into your house???
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Bliz1712 it is a small world.  
  • Options
    limechiffonlimechiffon member
    edited September 2014
    lrmrtn said:
    We have attended a lot (A LOT) of weddings in the past few years. We got married before most of our friends and now have a baby before most of our friends. Anyway, I can't stand the sand ceremony in a wedding. I'm OK with the candle ceremony and I really like the veil and cord (my Filipino hubby and I did this), but the sand bugs the hell out of me.  It reminds me of those tall glass containers that get filled with colored sand at the fair and topped with troll hair and a wonky nose. How romantic! Not.
    We had a sand ceremony. Then the reception hall lost our sand. So we did it again on our 1st anniversary. We aren't religious so the other things you mentioned were out. And I loved it. On the FB bandwagon, I hate when people post intimate details of their issues. Don't you want any privacy? And I hate when people "check in" everywhere. Do you want a stalker or everyone to know you're away so they can break into your house???
    I don't think the sand ceremony is necessarily religious, I believe popular wisdom traces it back to a soap opera (though I'm not convinced that is the true origin). That said, yeah, I can see why the sand ceremony is more meaningful for some couples, and just more practical at an outdoor ceremony. 

My facebook pet peeve is when people take facebook drama seriously. Like complaining about how they got defriended by so-and-so, as if it's on the same level as that person refusing to take your phone calls anymore. Or getting upset over being culled by someone you never actually make social plans with anyhow. I have a cousin who posts on Facebook about how he's about to trim his friend list. He's such a drama llama. 

image   image
                                                          Baby Girl born May 16, 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"