April 2015 Moms

Friggin Heartburn is Killing Me

9w 3d here. I've been experiencing heartburn everytime I eat. Not fun
:(( . It makes me uncomfortable for hours. The pressure on my chest and feeling like I've just cleared out a buffet sucks. I can't even drink water without feeling stuffed. Anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know what may help?
Thanks for reading my rant!

Re: Friggin Heartburn is Killing Me

• Tums. Lots of tums. Got me through my last pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • In my experience, Dual Action Pepcid Complete works best. Tums and Rolaids don't help me. I have been having horrible heartburn as well and did with my last pregnancy, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • I had heartburn every day from 9 weeks on with my last pregnancy. Zantac (aka ranitidine) was my lifesaver. I am using it again already.
    imageimage
  • Yep ice cream and yogurt and milk always help. I was taking Prilosec prior to getting pregnant. Stopped it though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Thank you all for your advise. I will certainly be trying your suggestions. Sleepless nights suffering from heartburn are no fun.
  • Tums and Pepcid. I had such bad heartburn and indigestion with DS I would literally sob at night.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Papaya enzymes worked for me.
    Tied the knot 2007 | Baby #1 2012 | Baby #2 2013 | Baby #3 EDD 4/2015
  • Pepcid and 2 tums nightly was the only thing that helped when I was pregnant with my daughter.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Ice cream!! That is a wonderful thing. Similarly strange: if you feel like have something stuck in your throat, my doc said "just eat a piece of bread." Medical miracle. Who knew?
  • I had horrible heartburn for my pregnancies.  Nothing over the counter ever worked.  My OB prescribed me Protonix for my last pregnancy and it was a lifesaver!

I have occasional heartburn now and I take a shot of apple cider vinegar mixed with a little bit of water.  Usually works in minutes.

My DH also swears by dairy to help but most things I have read warn that dairy can actually make heartburn worse.  It definitely does not work for me.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • The ONLY thing that worked for my last pregnancy was a RX from my OB. My first appointment is Monday and I can't wait to get it again. I forget the name, sorry!
    Baby #1 Due 2/21/13!
  • Same here, just didn't realize it's heart burn since it's more severe than what I've experienced before. Tums usually doesn't work for me, so I'm trying to stick with smaller meals spaced out more frequently. Practically snack sized. Also, munching on walnuts (I have almond allergy) & having more milk/ yogurt
    Don't forget to tell your doctor !!
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"