Babies on the Brain
Options

Creative annoucments

I have been trying to think of creative/cute ways to tell my husband and family that I'm pregnant (which I'm not yet). Just wondering if any of you have done or seen other people do something worth sharing. Also note that my mom lives out of state so I would need something via phone, video, or picture. Thanks.

Re: Creative annoucments

• Options
    I just told my husband. Then for our parents we wrote my due date down on a piece of paper and asked if they knew what was happening on that date. That's about as creative as I got. Next time around we will probably just get a Big Brother onsie for my son and take a picture with him in it and post it online.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ran downstairs to DH while yelling "I'm fucking pregnant!!!" Then I shoved the pee stick in his face. After that I called my mom.
    Married 5/31/10
    DS 10/31/12
    BFP 11/18/14
    EDD 7/31/15

July15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite holiday movie. Bad Santa!
  • Options
    I've always had the idea of giving my parents a frame that says something about grandparents or grandchild and putting an ultrasound pic in it.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I've thought a lot about this. I don't know if any of will end up happening when I do get that BFP, but it's fun to daydream about.

To tell DH I would love to be able to hold in my excitement, but knowing myself, I know that's not possible. We plan to cloth diaper, so eventually I'm going to order a diaper from a WAHM that has the logo of our favorite football team. That way, I'll have it around already and can just give him that and the pee stick ASAP after finding out myself.

As for telling our parents and sisters, I have no idea. I'd love to be able to send them gifts and just waiting for the excited phone calls to roll in, but who really knows.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I asked my husband if he saw the other line on the test and he said yah, huh that was quick (I just had a miscarriage 3.5 weeks before) I told my mom after I missed my period that I thought I was pregnant again.
  • Options
    We did different things for different people, but it felt important to tell in person. We conceived during a trip overseas and everyone had been hounding me to see pictures. We made a little photo book on snapfish and the last page says "And last but not least..."(turn page) "We brought back a very special souvineer" and it's a picture of the two of us holding the 9 week ultrasound picture. Everyone was together so it was really a great way and everyone got it instantly and was so happy. We waited until the 12 week mark. 

For my family, who live 4 hours away, we made plans to come up for a little end of the year barbecue. We put a shirt on our dog that said "I'm going to be a big brother" and most people got it. A few, like my grandmother that I am close to, I just told without using the shirt. 

After both sides of the family had been told we called and sent text messages to others like close friends who family we aren't super close with. It worked out well! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh but telling my husband... well I really didn't think I was pregnant but I had a test laying around and just took it. I couldn't believe the faint little line. I ran down stairs and he saw me with tears in my eyes and the test and just knew. It was a few days before it set in because the line was so faint (10 DPO). I would never try to "surprise" him with it... I really shouldn't have even taken the test without him being there but I seriously thought it couldn't be positive because our timing was off from traveling and I didn't think we would get lucky the very first month. It is equally his baby and I wanted him to know as soon as I did. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We did different things for different people, but it felt important to tell in person. We conceived during a trip overseas and everyone had been hounding me to see pictures. We made a little photo book on snapfish and the last page says "And last but not least..."(turn page) "We brought back a very special souvineer" and it's a picture of the two of us holding the 9 week ultrasound picture. Everyone was together so it was really a great way and everyone got it instantly and was so happy. We waited until the 12 week mark. 

For my family, who live 4 hours away, we made plans to come up for a little end of the year barbecue. We put a shirt on our dog that said "I'm going to be a big brother" and most people got it. A few, like my grandmother that I am close to, I just told without using the shirt. 

After both sides of the family had been told we called and sent text messages to others like close friends who family we aren't super close with. It worked out well! 

That was a really cute idea....I love the photo book. We are going to start trying on a vacation also so this might work out for me too! Thanks for the feedback ladies.
  • Options

For DS I was in high school when I became pregnant with him. That added a little strife in telling everyone. Boyfriend and the time knew I was taking the test (he spent the time I was taking it to throw up out of the 2nd story window - he was nervous to say the least) and I told him as soon as it was positive. We kept that to ourselves for many months until I finally got up the nerve and told  my mom. She then forced me to tell my dad and brothers. I was a chicken and texted them.

With DD my mom was pressuring me to clean out some of the left over supplies from DS and I finally had to break down and tell her we were going to need them. She said she figured that was the case. To tell my Dad we had DS call and tell him he was going to be a big brother. And to tell DH's dad we put the ultrasound picture in a father's day card with a note that said "see you next year" (his step-mom thought we were going to move or go on extended vacation at first, she didn't see the picture)

We are currently sort of trying to conceive baby #3 (nothing serious at this point) and I'm toying with some ideas in case it does happen. Some of those ideas are 1) a big sister shirt for DD 2) (this one is conditional on if I am pregnant in time) is giving Dh's side of the family something like a picture or coffee cup that would have spaces for six grandkids (sister in law is currently expecting and has two other children) hoping they would figure out there was an extra image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    We just found out two weeks ago that we're having baby number two. I was freaking out when I found out and called DH in to make sure I read the pee stick right. Then qe agreed we weren't going to tell anyone until 12 weeks.

DH then told 5 friends and his mother yesterday...I still want to hold off on telling my family until we figure out exactly how far along I am as my period was a bit messed up last month and now that I'm pregnant I'm wondering if I was last month as well.

I've been looking for a cute big sister tee for DD but no luck so far. I figure put that on her before we go to my parents after my appointment.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was a bit annoyed definitely, but he's just excited and I don't blame him. I'd just rather see the dr before I start telling everyone. Make sure everything is a-okay. I told him he isn't to tell anyone else but I really don't think he will because he told everyone he's close with.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to do announcement pictures with our girls when the time comes. Something to show that our youngest is now the middle, and that my oldest is going to teach her all about being a big sister. Pinterest has some REALLY cute announcement ideas!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker

Angel baby - EDD 7/2/11. Early m/c 11/10
    Ellee Grace (SURPRISE!) EDD 11/29/12. Arrived 11/17/12
    Wedding Bells rang 2/7/13
    Olivia Faith (MAJOR SURPRISE!) EDD 11/1/13. Arrived 10/31/13
    TTC #3 Starting 9/14
    **Hoping for our boy!**
  • Options
    Love all these stories!....I hung a set of girls clothes and a set of boys in our guest room closet and when my husband came home from work I told him I needed something from out of the closet! He opened the closet and did a double take! when he looked at the clothes he noticed the signed that I had hanging that said "YOUR GOING TO BE A DADDY!"...the look on his face was priceless! then we both broke down and shared tears of joy and excitement! haha

if you Mommas have some time and are interested in checking out some cute gift ideas,(Especially for girls!) go to www.rubiejune.com and please spread the word if you like them! 
  • Options
    I had been barfy every night for about a week. We had actually stopped tracking my cycle two months earlier because the stress was too much for my DH. We were waiting at my mom's for her to get back with my sister and I decided to pee on a stick, just for S&Gs. Immediately that positive line showed up. I started yelling for DH and he came running in thinking something was terribly wrong! We were jumping and hugging and crying and decided to not tell anyone yet. Of course, my whole family came walking through the door at that moment. Since I was still waving the test around, it was pretty obvious.
  • Options
    In my family were all Latinos. So for my pregnancy announcement with DD i told my mom to turn on the Latino Radio Station (i was at work on my break) i announced that i wanted to dedicate a song to my mom and also let her know that she will be a babys favorite grandma in 7 months :) she called me in tears and was very excited, my dad was excited too they both were going to be grandparents for the first time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"