Special Needs

Brag Day Wednesday

post em!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • DD1 stood independently for a few seconds.  Stood.  Independently.  

That's so huge! Yay!!!

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I know this is late but I hope it okay if I share. Love hearing all the brags!   My 2.5 year son just started to give kisses.  So far he only kisses me and some of his toys.  After I picked him up from ABA we went together to pick up his sister from preschool.  He hugged her, kissed her and then held his hand out for her to hold.  Even at four she knew how big that moment was.  I loved the look on her face, she was so happy.  Then she said "mommy lets call daddy and tell him about this".  My heart almost exploded! 
    ugh...*tears* *sniff*
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• KL777KL777 member
    edited September 2014
    DS didn't have to sign the "sad book" in school for two days straight!!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• KL777KL777 member
    edited September 2014
    Hey Ladies,

From my understanding, students who misbehave to a large extent have to sign it.  I guess the teacher is using it as a classroom behavior management tool.  Also, from what I understand, kids who made right choices get to choose a treat from the "treasure chest."

Bubba2b, DSs handwriting is really good.  He was in a private school last year and in my opinion, they were doing 1st grade stuff in kindergarten.

• I totally agree Auntie.  His Guidance Counselor said she wants to see how he does once he starts his medicine (he'll start on Monday).  I get the feeling that she thinks he may not have any more extreme behavior issues once he's on the right medicine.  She wasn't totally against a child study/504 but she wanted to wait to see how DS does after the medicine first.

I am still going to push for a child study/504 to take place before this grading period is over.  From my limited knowledge about all of this, a child study/504 does sound like it is the best thing for DS. Assistance to set him up for success is critical.  Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"