Stay at Home Moms
Options

help please!! DD sleep issues!

Sorry if the format is jacked up. I'm mobile bumping. DD is usually such s great sleeper but tonight she is a different baby. She's been standing in her crib for hours and falling asleep standing up And crying occasionally. DH and I have gone in there and she'll calm down,but once we leave, she's standing again. What should I do? She acted normal all day, no fever or anything.

Re: help please!! DD sleep issues!

• Options
    NandaB said:

How old is she? If she normally goes right down I would not let my kid cry for hours, I would assume something was wrong (teething, coming down with something...) and snuggle/rock her to sleep.

She's the same age as N. She's not crying consistently,just every 10 mins for a few seconds. We keep going in to sooth but once we lay her down she's at it again.
  • Options
    I'd start by taking her temp again just to make sure she wasn't coming down with something. Assuming that's normal, I'd try giving a pain reliever in case it's teeth. If that doesn't do it and this is a one-off, I'd do what I needed to to get her to sleep, whether that's nursing or rocking or singing, whatever works for you guys. 

If it's not illness or teething and she has similar troubles tomorrow, I'd probably try the walk in / walk out method. If she's only crying for a few seconds, that'd mean that I probably wouldn't go in at all. My DS had a sleep regression around 19 months, and I ended up just having to let him fuss/whine in his crib, because every time I went in and left he worked himself up more. He wasn't really upset. He just wanted me in there with him. (And it had to be me. He didn't stop crying when DH went in.) When left along he eventually dropped off (took about an hour the first night), and over the course of a few nights stopped fussing at all.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! After about my 357432nd trip to DDs room, she finally fell asleep....lying down. I rocked her and begged and promised her things. (Hey, whatever woks ;) ) Her temp. was fine so hopefully she just had a rough night. ::fingers crossed for a better night tonight:: 
  • Options
    Z has her nights like this too. She's just restless.. I go in and rock her and she acts tired yet she sits up in bed and plays with her babies and sings her ABCs.... :-w

And it's weird because some nights she falls right to sleep while I rock her and others she just wants to sit and play. I'm in the same boat with you mama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"