1st Trimester
Options

Should I tell work Im pregnant

I got hired from a temp agency, and just 3 weeks ago my boss mentioned that they are looking to possibly keep me as a direct employee but until  October.  I am 9 weeks pregnant as of today. Should I tell her or just wait it out?

Re: Should I tell work Im pregnant

• Options
    I would wait until you are in 2nd tri. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got a temp job when I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant. I decided to tell my manager at about 6 weeks and I started spilling to everyone else at about 9 weeks. When I was hired I had an end date though and while they could have took me on for longer, they didn't which worked out for me because I couldn't have worked there in the third tri because of how things worked out for my pregnancy.

If you feel okay telling them then go right ahead, you can ask that it  stay between you and the manager. If it isn't going to have a negative impact on your work and you would rather wait until you are 12 or 15 or whatever weeks then by all means keep the secret. They can't fire you for being pregnant and if you intend to come back to work if they let you after giving birth than make it clear that you wish to keep working after leave (and also make sure they know you understand that you won't be getting paid leave etc if that is the case)
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options

Thank you for all your feedback :)

• Options
    I waited til my 1st trimester was over.  Once we had a successful NT scan and the doc said we were in the clear.  That what my doc told me to do.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Having worked as a recruiter for a temp agency for years, my advice would be not to say anything for awhile. If you could avoid it i would even wait until they hire you direct. Even though it is illegal for them to fire you due to your pregnancy, as an "at will" employee - which you are through an agency, they can let you go for any reason at any time. I wouldn't give them a reason.
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely look at the state laws.. I believe in Mass, you have to give your employer two weeks notice to take maternity leave... and have to be hired on full time for three months minimum to get maternity leave i think.... I would honestly try to wait for as long as possible.. Obviously knowing that at some point your going to have a baby bump...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"