Stay at Home Moms

Subject change...{menu help}

So unless people want to continue to talk nipples and Kindergarten, you can help me talk parties...

We're having a Beatles themed 1st birthday, after all that! Yes, I know I've changed the theme like 10 times, that's how I roll. Anyway, it's based on the song Birthday, but it will be generally Beatles/British themed. It's will also be at lunch.

I'm thinking about doing a "Yellow Submarine" sandwich buffet...basically I want to make 3 or 4 different kinds of larger sandwiches and slice them into smaller pieces and put them on platters for people to take a couple of pieces of whatever. Suggest some sandwiches! I'm think two or three adult options and then one kid option, plus I'm going to make Jam Butties {weird British PB&J without PB} and Bacon Butties for the kids as well. Also, I'm going to make an "Octopus Garden" Salad {HA! The food play on words I've found are cracking me up}. I'm also thinking about doing Sgt. PepperONI Pizza for the kids as well but not 100% sold on that. I thought about doing Chicken Tikka Masala but not sure how many kids would love that. Any other British foods you can think of for a lunch?

Dessert I'm going to do Eton Mess Cupcakes, smaller birthday cake, cake pops, "Strawberry Fields" decorated sugar cookies and probably a couple of other things...anything you can think of that would be awesome...would be awesome!

Re: Subject change...{menu help}

• I am not much help it all sounds awesome. I will ask DH when I see him, he lived over there for 5 years.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks! That looks good! Did you find the spread or did you make your own? I've never seen it in stores. 

I'm thinking one will be a marinated grilled vegetable sandwich with feta or fresh mozz on focaccia...made one like that up a couple of years ago for a shower I did the food for. Very popular! Our local bakery also makes HUGE sheets of focaccia that is great for sandwich making.
  • Loading the player...
  • @andrewsgal Yes, do that! Part of me thinks I should just do Beatles themed food, not really British since there are a lot of kids coming. If it were dinner, it would be easy to do British food too...lunch, they don't really have any lunch appropriate foods it seems. LOL
  • Oh I love Stonewall kitchen stuff!
  • @notkateanymore‌ I think your ideas are adorable and I love the sub sand which idea. You could really play on words.
  • This doesn't help with sandwiches, but a mom I know just had a Beatles' party for her DS's 3rd bday and one of the sides she did was apple rings and called them "apple records."  None of the kids knew what records were but it was a kid-friendly snack.  

photo 3104d09c-3cc7-4177-aed6-da3344fdf17f_zpsbb1f9ce7.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• British food is just not a light fare...LOL
  • Here come's the SUNdaes for dessert?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree on Beatles themed vs. British themed food. My mom's English and although I love all the traditional lunches (ploughman's lunch with hunks of cheese, pickled onion and Branston pickle), my kids most certainly do not.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • DH said there is not lunch British food lol. He said stick with the play on words. Oh and don't forget the warm milk he has major issues with the warm milk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"