July 2014 Moms
Options

Baby monitior

Which baby monitior do you have? Ours from our 2 year old went to shit and we now need a new one. Any recommendations?

Re: Baby monitior

• Options
    We have the Motorola video one (below) that we love!
  • Options
    Love this one. We have had two! The first one I used 3 years ago with DS 1 and I smashed the led screen into the marble bathroom counter top by accident.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahahhahaha forgot the pic lol
    It's summer infant slim and secure

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We also have the Motorola video one and love it!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    We also have the Motorola video, and just bought a second camera for DS. We've never had any problems, love it.

• Options
    email2ash said:
    We have the Motorola video one (below) that we love!
    Same here.  FTM mom here, so we've only used it for 3 months, but we are pretty happy.  
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Options
    We have the snuza with video monitor. It gives me a little extra reassurance.
  • Options
    We got this Summer Infant one and use it for our older son too.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EU5AL8W/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had the Motorola and a summer infant one and like them both. I prefer the summer infant one because I can rotate the camera. Motorola has a slightly better picture.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't have a video monitor?

I just have a plain old graco one. It worked for five years with DS (the first one actually just wore out and he'll be five this month), so we just got the same one again. I don't really feel like i need a video one...

• Options
    Angel care. Used for all 3 and loved it.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options
    We have the Levana Astra monitor and love it!
  • Options
    I have the Summer Infant Baby Touch from when DS1 was younger, we got a second camera for it.

We didn't get the video monitor until DS1 was almost a year old and I realized how many times he'd be crying but still be asleep and when I went in I'd wake him up. D'oh. Even today at 3 1/2 he'll cry out and if I didn't have the camera to see that he was still sleeping, I'd probably be running in there unnecessarily.

• Options
    I am looking at getting a samsung can't remember the name or the Motorola mp36. Currently, we have a summer infant best view that I had for DS. It's struggling, though, and I'm scared it's going to crap out in the middle of the night.

• Options
    We have the Motorola video camera, and like except for the battery life on the receiver. If you keep the video feed on often ( or forget to turn it off often, like when your half asleep in the middle of the night), the battery drains. It does have an alarm that beeps to alert you to the low battery, but again, in the middle of the night during precious sleep, that can be annoying.

Otherwise, we are very satisfied with the features, and it has excellent video quality.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've had the Motorola and a summer infant one and like them both. I prefer the summer infant one because I can rotate the camera. Motorola has a slightly better picture.

Our Motorola camera does rotate. Did you have an older version?
  • Options
    @Matthew930‌
    No video here either. Our little rinky dink graco one has served very well over this year.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    email2ash said:

Our Motorola camera does rotate. Did you have an older version?
    We had it 3 years ago so possibly!
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    For anyone who wants/needs a video monitor--I got an email from BRU this morning and it says that this week in store if you spend $50 you can get a free Motorola video monitor. I doubt it's the top of the line one but hey, it's free!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• Options
    Another vote for the Motorola video. Ours rotates and has a good picture. FTM here, so not much to compare it to, but we're happy with it.
  • Options
    For anyone who wants/needs a video monitor--I got an email from BRU this morning and it says that this week in store if you spend $50 you can get a free Motorola video monitor. I doubt it's the top of the line one but hey, it's free!

The monitor is free with a $200 or more purchase. The $50 freebie is a safety first baby proofing kit. I bought the Motorola mbp36 two nights ago. So far it is awesome. It was $239 at BRU and I got the freebie monitor, too. The freebie is okay and is just a very basic video monitor. We'll probably just set it up in the basement/playroom.

• Options
    argonne said:

The monitor is free with a $200 or more purchase. The $50 freebie is a safety first baby proofing kit. I bought the Motorola mbp36 two nights ago. So far it is awesome. It was $239 at BRU and I got the freebie monitor, too. The freebie is okay and is just a very basic video monitor. We'll probably just set it up in the basement/playroom.

Ahhh I knew that sounded too good to be true!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• Options
    Cheap, sound only v-tech. We've used it once in 9 weeks since LO sleeps with us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"