2nd Trimester

Planning an "outing" at 32 weeks?

My husband's bday is this weekend and I really want to buy him NHL tickets...the game I'm thinking of is late December (around my 32 week mark).  Its around Christmas so we will be home at my parent's anyway and the stadium is by their house.  The drive to them is under 4 hours and we would take a 35 minute train ride to the hockey game.  I guess I wonder if that is too late in pregnancy to plan something costing $$$?  This is my first pregnancy so from what I have been told things are likely to happen slower as opposed to faster?  I know flying is a no-no but many of my friends did weekend trips and whatnot throughout their third trimester.

Any thoughts on this?  Is 32 weeks in winter a bad idea to be a fan at a packed hockey stadium 3.5 hours from our home?

Re: Planning an "outing" at 32 weeks?

• It's fine.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • awesome!  thanks :)  like i said, first pregnancy so I don't know what to expect.  we havent been to a NHL game in a while so im excited at the thought!  im only approaching 16 weeks now but so far- so good!  thanks everyone!!
  • You're welcome.  The only thing that might be uncomfortable are the stadium seats, depending upon how big you get, and you might be peeing frequently, which is CRAZY annoying when you're trying to watch something live.

Other than that, have a great time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't think of any reason not to.  32 weeks is still early unless you have any other existing issues.  I've got flights for work planned right up to week 36.  
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Pefectly fine. I don't see any issue at all. If for some reason your doctor thinks it's a bad idea around that time or if you are not feeling up to it, maybe your dad can go with him as a back up.

As far as the $$$ are you saying you don't know if it's a good idea to spend so much just before you have a baby? I don't know your finances but if you are not taking the money out of savings I don't see how it would matter. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • go and have a fun time.

Around 36-37 weeks we went away for our anniversary and had a great time. I was also regularly driving 2 hours to visit family up until I was 39 weeks.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Enjoy :) 

Plus, its easier without the baby than with!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Perfectly ok! I've always stayed busy up until I delivered. Have fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went on a road trip from California to Minnesota at 32 weeks.  You'll be fine going to a game!

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• At 32 weeks with our first DD, I was at Creation NE in the middle of a huge crowd of people in the end of June heat. I was fine.

Like PP said, unless your OB has any concerns at that time, go for it!
    imageimage
    Quinn was born at 34 weeks weighing in at 5lbs 8oz and 19in long
  • Unless you're having some sort of complications, 32 weeks is still really early.  Odds are, you won't go into labor until 41 weeks or so.  Go to the game.  Have fun.  Babies are far easier to take care of when they are still in utero :)  Enjoy an adult night out!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"