TTC after 35
Options

GTKY: Favorite Lullabies

When you envision yourself with a LO, which lullabies do you see yourself singing? Which lullabies are your favorites from childhood? 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: GTKY: Favorite Lullabies

• Options
    I had a little stuffed elephant that sang "You are my sunshine" so that's always been my favorite!

I'll be stalking this thread to check out other ones!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My #1 is "You are my Sunshine". In fact-- everytime I see your screenname I want to hum it. :)

I also like Ba-Ba-Black Sheep.
  • Options
    I always sang an old Canadian-French Lullaby to my children. I have no idea what the words are I just know how to sing it. My grandmother sang it to my mother, my mother sand it to me and I sang it to my kids. I really should ask her what the words are.
    Any Canadian-French on the board who know really old lullaby's maybe could help

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I sing "You Are My Sunshine," too (although I'm not sure I have all the words right), as well as a down-tempo "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers and "House of Gold" by Twenty One Pilots.  Random, but that's what stuck...
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I clearly can't sing or hum, so I would need some help.  I like the Dixie Chicks "Godspeed", Beatles "Julia" and John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy".
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• Options
    My mother made up a song for me when I was young about "beautiful blue eyes" and never loving "brown eyes again." My younger brother has the deepest brown eyes ever - possible regret there when he was born.

My dad would sing "The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi" to me.

I like "La La Lu" (the lullaby from Lady and the Tramp), "Stay Awake" (the lullaby Mary Poppins sings), "Blackbird" and "Cry Baby Cry" by the Beatles (lots of Beatles lovers here!), and "Smile" by Natalie Cole (and others).
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    My mom sang the song, Mr. Moon and You Are My Sunshine along with many of the nursery rhymes really slow in a soft sing song voice.  I remember the 1st verse of YAMS, but never paid attention to the 2nd one.  Then my grandma was singing it to DD a few weeks ago and I teared up.  The 2nd verse is kinda depressing.

I sing Rock a bye baby (another kinda morbid song I know), Jesus loves me, Part of Your World, Zippidy Doo Daa, and others.  DD requests certain ones now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    lcwed said:
    My mom sang the song, Mr. Moon and You Are My Sunshine along with many of the nursery rhymes really slow in a soft sing song voice.  I remember the 1st verse of YAMS, but never paid attention to the 2nd one.  Then my grandma was singing it to DD a few weeks ago and I teared up.  The 2nd verse is kinda depressing.

I sing Rock a bye baby (another kinda morbid song I know), Jesus loves me, Part of Your World, Zippidy Doo Daa, and others.  DD requests certain ones now.
    (child mentioned below)

How wonderful that your grandma has been able to play a part in DD's life. My mom also didn't realize that the second verse of YAMS was sad! 

I used to sing a lot of Bible songs when I was little. So sometimes I sing "Lord of the Dance," "Jesus Loves Me," and "This Little Light of Mine." DS think that the verses are hilarious "Hide it under a bush--OH NO" and "Won't let Satan blow it out." 

I forgot about Zippidy Doo Daa. That's a great one.

• Options
    lcwed said:

How does the 2nd verse of YAMS go, exactly?  That's the one I'm not so sure about.

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    I have sung and hummed All the Pretty Horses to my boys a lot in the middle of the night. 

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Options
    Davie813 said:
    lcwed said:

How does the 2nd verse of YAMS go, exactly?  That's the one I'm not so sure about.
    @Davie813:

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms. But when I woke dear, I was mistaken, and I held my head and I cried.

:((

• Options
    @Davie813‌

The other night, dear, as I lay sleeping
    I dreamt I held you in my arms
    When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken
    So I hung my head, and I cried

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

• Options
    No lullabies in my house growing up but my dad read stories to us EVERY night. 

I did the the same for DD when she was a baby/child.

I imagine I would do the same again :)

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited September 2014
    My mother sang me opera. My mother is not a great singer (she's not awful, but far from an average American Idol contestant, let alone an opera voice). So whenever I hear actual opera I think "OH THAT'S how it's supposed to sound." Still, i loved every minute.

So, basically, my favorite lullaby is an out-of-date drinking song.

• Options
    Davie813Davie813 member
    edited September 2014
    Davie813 said:
    lcwed said:

@Davie813:

The other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms. But when I woke dear, I was mistaken, and I held my head and I cried.

Ah.  Thanks, @URMySunshine77 and @meredithcarole.

I was confused because I assumed it should rhyme.  As in "the other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms. But when I woke dear, I was mistaken, and I--wept for all your charms?  Wished you safe from harms?  Visited your farms?"  Anyway, now I know.

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    @marijaa333: Did your mom know the words? Impressive!

• Options
    @URMySunshine77 yes but she speaks Italian. Not knowing the words but having a good voice would have been better!
  • Options
    Davie813 said:
    Davie813 said:
    lcwed said:

@Davie813:

Ah.  Thanks, @URMySunshine77 and @meredithcarole.

I was confused because I assumed it should rhyme.  As in "the other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms. But when I woke dear, I was mistaken, and I--wept for all your charms?  Wished you safe from harms?  Visited your farms?"  Anyway, now I know.

"Visited your farms" =))

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"