Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Great nighttime sleeper, but horrible daytime napper

I feel a little guilty complaining because my 4 month old DD is such a good sleeper at night (she's been sleeping 10+hrs a night since about 3 weeks old), but I can't get her to nap during the day in her crib. It's like the second I put her in there she just cries & cries. I can't bear to let her cry more than about 5-10 min and I gave to go in a rescue her. I know she's tired so that's not it....and she'll nap off and on in her carrier when we're out & about no problem! She also will nap in my arms in the recliner...she just refuses her crib (which is where she sleeps great throughout the night). What gives?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Great nighttime sleeper, but horrible daytime napper

• Options
    Sounds just like my baby!
  • Options
    Jeez, this is us to a T'. LO sleeps 10+ hours at night 8-7am.. but during the day, catnaps for no more then 15 minutes at a time.. and that is usually achieved in my arms, in the rocking chair... Im glad to hear there is hope ahead! lol!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Story of my life. Hang in there :)
  • Options
    Oh my gosh we are in the same boat, she will sleep if we are moving around in the car or if she's in my arms (in my arms no longer than 20 minutes except for last night), I put her down a few minutes ago then within minutes she's crying. Our swing is at a friends house because we just moved, but she has almost flipped herself out of her swing fighting sleep (yes even with being strapped in). 

I can't get anything done and she overheats if I have her in a carrier… I hope this changes soon so I can make up for the attention lost for my 3 year old son. 
  • Options
    Will she nap in a swing?  Can you wear her around your house?  Neither of mine napped in their cribs at that age and DD was also a good night sleeper in her crib.  I compromised by laying down with her for one nap each day and then sort of suffering through the others.  DS napped exclusively in his swing or on me.  

I wouldn't let her cry more than 5 minutes at this age either.  
  • Options
    Thank you for this post! It makes me feel so much better that I am not alone. A few people have made comments and I thought we were doing something wrong.
  • Options
    I could have written this word for word. Especially now that dd (4 months) can roll she won't at bedtime but nap time is a struggle. Like yesterday she napped in her crib for two hours, woke up are then went back down for two hours but Saturday I tried all day every time she showed tired cues and she didn't nap once. Definitely feeling your pain
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"