January 2013 Moms
Options

2nd Birthday Ideas

While I absolutely can't believe it, my baby will be 2 in less than 4 months. How the heck did these kids grow up so fast?! Has anyone started to think about birthday party ideas? Taylor's fav things are trucks, airplanes, trains, and Elmo lol. I had originally thought I was going to do Sesame Street, but with his new obsession of vehicles I might do a planes, trains and trucks theme somehow. My sister just did an absolutely adorable construction themed party for her 3 year old - I recommend it to other mamas looking for ideas. We did Mickey last year so I know it won't be that. My other ideas are Thomas, Daniel Tiger, and farm (he really loves horses and cows, too, lol). Too bad we have winter babies, I think I could do a cute outdoor farm party. Anyway, what are you all thinking?

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd Birthday Ideas

• Options
    We did a winter theme last year, im thinking we will probably do minnie mouse this year. Jacey is obsessed with Minnie mouse right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha, I literally just pinned a bunch of birthday ideas yesterday! I think we're going to do something much smaller this year but my initial thoughts were either a Sofia or Frozen theme. More than likely Sofia because DD loves her and has lots of things with her on it. She now points to her whenever she see her and says "Fia" :) it's pretty adorable.

I just hope her birthday doesn't get almost snowed out again this year. I really am hoping for a spring or summer baby next. I long for outdoor parties!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe a TuTu party or a tea party.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think we'll just do dinner and a cake at home with grandparents. We went all out last year because 1 is so special. I don't want to do that every year.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Options
    Last year we traveled to family to do a party so that they could all easily attend. This year there is no way I'm doing that - we are having it at our house for sure. I want to do something special - I guess I have a fear of his birthday getting lumped in with Christmas since they are only 5 days apart. I doubt the party will be huge, but I'm going to at least do the theme and make sure he knows it's his special day :) I like the Little Gym idea, though, too - not having a bunch of kids running around my house could be a fantastic thing. Haha.

• Options
    Last year we had two parties for him...one the Sunday before Christmas because H's brother was home from Colorado and one on Christmas day so my sister could be there for it....his actual birthday is on the 30th. 

This year we decided to set the date and if someone couldn't make it they couldn't make it. His actual birthday is on a Tuesday, so I think we are going to push it back to Saturday, January 3rd. By then all the holiday celebrations should be over and it can just be his special day with just the grandparents and our siblings and my nieces and nephews that are able to attend.

We are thinking a Mickey Mouse theme party, there are so many cute party decorations. I have an entire Pinterest board full of 2nd birthday ideas!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    @jobiann That's right, we have birthday buddies! Good idea on Jan 3rd - I will probably do that too. We did Mickey last year - I can share some of the pictures with you!

• Options
    ambmama said:
    @jobiann That's right, we have birthday buddies! Good idea on Jan 3rd - I will probably do that too. We did Mickey last year - I can share some of the pictures with you!
    Yes, they are! That would be great!! I'd love to see again what you did!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    I will have a 1 month old when dd turns 2,so we will probably keep it small. I was thinking a bubble guppies theme. DD is obsessed with bubble guppies!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    we're hoping our kitchen/dining room is all done by her birthday and we'll just have our immediate family over for like, pizza or something...
    but my sister likes to make fancy cakes, last year was minnie, this year i'm thinking sheriff callie or may frozen?
    i don't know....but i prob won't do a big party again until maybe 5yo? can't afford it....
    if her birthday was during the summer it'd be no problem, bbq and ppl outside, but our house can't handle everyone every year

• Options
    We spent the weekend at an indoor waterpark for the big 01, and I think we'll probably do the same this year.  DS and his cousin are a year apart nearly to the day, so we do the b-day parties together.  We're in MN so it's a nice mid-winter break for everyone in the family.  The kids get really tired from playing in the pool all day.  The rooms are all adjoining, so the adults congregate in one room after bedtime to enjoy some cards and libations.  It's very chill, but fun for everyone.  DS loved the Very Hungry Caterpillar book last year, so I made a cake with cupcakes that looked like the caterpillar, made tee-shirt with iron-on transfer of passages from the books for DS and his cousins, and ordered felt birthday crowns from Zulily when they had a special on Eric Carle stuff.  I love the idea of them making their own capes though, maybe I'll find something like that instead of the tee-shirts this year.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options

Ohmigosh I have not even thought about it.  Last year a friend who had a two year old took her January baby to the indoor aquarium at the Mall of America and had a fish themed party and I thought that looked fun.  DD loves animals. 

Otherwise something princessy.  She is easy to please, as long as there is cake she will be happy. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This year we are going to do dinner and cake with family. Nothing big, but I will also either have a newborn or be a couple days "overdue" when bens birthday comes around.
  • Options
    I'm thinking of just doing a Pajama Pancake Party. Have a bunch of her friends over at like 9 AM for breakfast! I'm debating about even calling it a birthday party because I don't want people bringing gifts.
  • Options
    We'll definitely be going with a Despicable Me theme since DD is obsessed with minions!
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jobiann said:

ambmama said:

Yes, they are! That would be great!! I'd love to see again what you did!

We are also January3!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    MichieU79 said:

goocran7 said:

We'll definitely be going with a Despicable Me theme since DD is obsessed with minions!

Your DD's reaction to the minion on IG was priceless! Can't wait to see her reaction to an entire party of them! ;)

Her grandmother was a minion for Halloween a few years ago and she still has the costume, so she's going to wear it. I think Layla will freak out with excitement! I can't wait!!!!
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to be THAT mom and plan a huge, ultra themed blow out for the two year old, because no one even acknowledged his first birthday. We're doing a minion theme.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"