June 2014 Moms
Options

MOTN feeding?

When you're LO wakes up in the middle of the night do you automatically feed them? Or try to put them back to sleep, and if that doesn't work feed them? I try to put mine back to sleep, but honestly I don't necessarily try that hard or for that long, since I know that feeding him will ultimately put him back to sleep, and I'm too exhausted to spend a half an hour rocking him.

Re: MOTN feeding?

• Options
    I've been feeding charlie, regardless of his wakeup time, but have noticed if its sooner than normal he'll only eat about half as much as normal. Depending on how tired I am and how much I want to fight with him, I'll either feed or try a pacifier. I normally end up feeding him.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am ebf'ing so I am assuming my 12 week old is waking bc she is hungry. I feed her and she goes right back to sleep. Some nights she wakes in the motn and others she doesn't.
  • Options
    My LO is 10 weeks and I feed her when she wakes up in the MOTN. She still wakes every 3-4 hours, I feed her and most of the times she goes back to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married 05/15/13 FTM with EDD 06/24/14
  • Options
    I feed him.

image        image

• Options
    He wakes up hangry. The child eats.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Tdonatoni said:
    Diaper and then boob and then back to sleep.
    samesies

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Diaper, feed, snuggles, diaper, back to bed.

• Options
    Pacifier until I can keep my eyes open, then I feed her. At 9 weeks, she's definitely hungry.
  • Options
    I try the paci first. If she is really hungry she won't go back to sleep with just that and I feed.
  • Options
    I'm up right now because when he cries in the MOTN, it's his hunger wahh cry. He just inhaled 4oz, and I'll put him back to bed in a minute.

<3

• Options
    If LO wakes up before 4am we do a diaper change and then put him back down and he sleeps for a couple more hours. After 4am we diaper, feed, diaper and then back down.
  • Options
    Lately my routine is pacifier first, and I pump while she sleeps. If she can't sleep through, I give her a bottle, and change her when we are done. This week she decided to bring back the 2am feeding. Fun times. 

Being with my LO rocks! DD born 6/13/14.
  • Options
    My LO usually wakes up around 2ish. I feed her and then she usually sleeps another 3-4 hours. She's 10 weeks old and I figure she'll sleep longer when she is ready.
  • Options
    Automatically feed her partially because I assume she's hungry since it's usually 4-6 hours since she last ate and partially because it's the easiest way to get her to fall asleep.
  • Options
    If she wakes up before 2, we try to put her back to sleep (her last feed is usually around 9/10). Any time after that, she is hungry and wants to eat. I tried putting her back to sleep before and she wakes up 30 mins later wanting milk. She usually goes right back to sleep or falls asleep half way so I know if she didnt need to eat, she would have slept right through it.
  • Options
    If it's been less than 3-4 hours since he last ate or if he's only half up, we try the pacifier first and some shushing. This works 90% of the time, especially if he's only semi-awake. If it's been longer than 4 hours and/or he's hysterical, we go right for the bottle. He falls asleep within 20 minutes of finishing it.
    Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15
  • Options
    We co-sleep so if DS wakes up, out comes the boob and on he goes!  I don't care how long he eats or stays on there as long as I can sleep!
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    Diaper and bottle. Every time.

• Options
    If it's less than 4 hours I try to put him back to sleep. More than that I'll make a half hearted attempt to give him the paci and soothe him before just changing his diaper and feeding him.
  • Options
    lest12 said:

I feed him.

Yes, this.

• Options
    I usually try the paci first.  If he gives that thing hell smacking on it I know he's hungry and I go fix bottle and while it's warming I'll usually change him (depends on how wet he is).  Sometimes he will go to back to sleep with the paci for another hour/hour 1/2 so it's worth the try for me!

• Options
    My LO has suddenly started adding an extra wake up at 12/1am. He was sleeping from 9/10 to 3/4. Now he wakes up at both times! At the 12/1 wake up he doesn't seem hungry because I'm able to put him back to sleep with rocking and soothing. Why all of a sudden would he be doing this? He's almost 12 weeks old. Any suggestions for stopping it?
  • Options
    I try the paci and/or holding her. I have found that she wakes at 1:30 and 4:30 every night regardless of her last feed. If she is not having it of course I feed her. She doesn't seem to need that first feed but likes the snuggles.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    Diaper, re swaddle, bottle, burp and back to the crib.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"