Parenting after a Loss
Options

*~* Infant Check In*~*

Sooooo... apparently it's Monday?! With it being a holiday weekend, I completely forgot! I am so sorry ladies! 

Milestones: 

Challenges: 

Funny/cute stories: 

QOTW: Labor Day marks the end of summer. Besides giving birth (for some of us), what was the coolest thing you did this summer?

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk

Re: *~* Infant Check In*~*

• Options
    Milestones: LO is into grabbing faces now, she especially loves to fishhook my lower lip.  She can roll from belly to back so well now I can never get her to do tummy time anymore.

Challenges: Sitting up.  I know she's still a bit young and has plenty of time, but I would like to start trying to help her sit more often so she builds up her muscles.

Funny/cute stories: Tonight LO was sitting on my dad's lap and grammy kept putting her foot up on my dad's knee and four times in a row LO would push grammy's foot off.  As if, I'M sitting on grandpa's lap right now, wait your turn.

QOTW: Labor Day marks the end of summer. Besides giving birth (for some of us), what was the coolest thing you did this summer?  Quit my job and became a stay at home mom.  I love it!

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Milestones: He can pull up to stand now on pretty much everything! It won't be long before he can walk. Eeek! 

Challenges: His diapers have been leaking at night on a regular basis, not fun especially when I put him in our bed thinking he just needs help getting back to sleep and only then do we realize he's soaked. We do disposables at night but I may try using cloth at night and using the newborn and regular inserts both. 

Funny/cute stories: He was learned about dropping things on the floor. Over the side of the crib, off the side of the play table thing, etc. He holds it over the edge, let's go and then looks to see what happened to it. It's cute now but I'm sure it will get old when we've picked up the same toy for the 100th time! He's also learned to feed us food (or try) which is cute until he feeds you a soggy cheerio and you have to pretend to eat it. I don't know why but feeding your parents is hilarious when you're 9 months old. 

QOTW: Not much really, we're learning to get out more with the kid which is nice - zoo, stores, farmer's market, restaurants, etc. which has made for a fun/interesting summer though. 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @angelsnight‌ How cute that she's protective of her grandpa!! It seems like they have a special relationship! And yay for rolling over!

@BootsOrHearts‌ Ahh the good ol fashioned drop everything on the floor game. You're right, so cute until you've done it a hundred times hahaha! That little man is going to be running around in no time!!

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Options
    Milestones - We saw PT last week and E has made a bunch of improvements! I'm so proud of her. She also gained some weight at her appointment last week, and for the first time since she's been born, we didn't increase her meds at her appointment!

Challenges - PT said that she won't crawl without a lot more progress in her arms and shoulders, so we have to really work with that. Something else has also been bugging her the last couple of days, so she's been whiney and not sleeping well. I'm hoping it's not another ear infection. 

Funny/cute stories - She has started making this face when you talk to her. She purses her lips and gives a cheeky little half smile. It's adorable but I haven't managed to get a picture yet!

QOTW - Not really anything. Taking DD to baseball games and the zoo and stuff was the most exciting. 

• Options
    @km_md That's so amazing that she's making lots of improvements! We are proud of her too! Why don't babies ever cooperate for pictures of the cute things they do?!?!

@starmile‌ Hiiii! Of course you can jump right in! Congrats! That first week is just bliss, isn't it?? That's soo cute that your dog is protective like that! I was worried about my 55 lb mutt too (husky, Dalmatian, corgi mix) but he is much better with the baby than the tiny 10 lb doxie.

Also there was some good breastfeeding advice in the check in last week. I remember the nipple pain going away after a couple weeks once she really got the hang of it.

image     image

• Options
    Milestones: At three weeks old, he's starting to focus more and notice the world around him. He's spending more time awake, alert and quiet, which is awesome!

Challenges: Still dealing with some spit-up issues, but I think we just need to accept that he'll grow out of it eventually. He's not vomiting, he's gaining weight, etc. So, we're just doing extra laundry, and that's ok. :) 

Funny/cute stories: We went to my sister's house for a family get-together yesterday. I asked if anyone wanted to hold R., and my two sisters had a little fight over who got to hold him first. 

QOTW: Labor Day marks the end of summer. Besides giving birth (for some of us), what was the coolest thing you did this summer
    When DH and I went on a long weekend getaway, we completed a six-mile hike in the mountains. I was 8 months pregnant at the time and very proud of myself. :) 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    @2redtulips‌ A 6 mile hike when you were 8 months pregnant?!?! I could barely get from my desk to the bathroom at that stage!!! Congrats mama!

We have a " happy spitter" too. A was spitting up after every meal, so I cut out dairy to see if it made a difference and it did. She still spits up, but not as big or as frequently. Pedi said its nothing to worry about and I didn't have to cut out dairy since there was still great weight gain and no apparent pain from the spitting up, but not drinking milk is easier for me than cleaning up spit up as often as I was.

image     image

• Options
    slensicslensic member
    edited September 2014
    Hi ladies! I am joining the check in. I posted an intro on the main board and I know a lot of you already. I am thrilled to have a check in to join again!

Milestones: 8 weeks today. Lots of smiles and cooing.

Challenges: He has his first cold, thanks to DD. I hate seeing him all stuffed up.

Funny/cute stories: Poop talk ahead warningDS had a poop strike starting Saturday morning and he didn't poop again until Monday morning. It was an epic blowout and it happened before DH and I had a chance to have coffee. The 2 of us trying to deal with that and DD at 6:30am on Monday morning was pretty hilarious.

QOTW: Labor Day marks the end of summer. Besides giving birth (for some of us), what was the coolest thing you did this summer?Well I am in the birthing club, so that is pretty much my summer. The first half I was huge and uncomfortable and the second half sleep deprived with a newborn and toddler. 

ETA: formatting was very strange and hard to read

image image   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

BFP#1 9/25/10 DD born 6/9/11
    BFP#2 8/1/13 MC 8/31/13
    BFP#3 11/2/13 EDD 7/15/14 Stick baby Stick
    1st u/s 11/26/13 at 7w, measuring right on track and a heartbeat of 139bpm
    NT Scan 1/6/14 at 12w 6d, normal healthy squirmy baby measuring right on track heartbeat of 147bpm
    1st 2nd tri Scan 2/3/14 at 16w 6d, very healthy baby BOY!
    A/S 3/4/14 still a very healthy BOY, measuring right on track!
    DS born 7/9/14

All always welcome

• Options
    @Qfrump‌ Keep us updated with that tongue tie! And soo cute that he's starting to respond back to you!!

@mamalamb10‌ You're not old!! That is adorable that you and your husband recreate your first date every year and even more adorable that Z was able to tag along this year!

@slensic‌ Welcome! It's wonderful to have you over here! Boooo to colds :( Hope everyone gets better soon. And that's hilarious about a blowout before coffee and on a Monday morning! Those are the days the universe is telling you to go back to bed and start over haha.

@YuMMMy721‌ Welcome!! We have lots of new babies this week. How exciting!! That's so cute about the twins fighting over his paci! You tell em Levi! And how fun that you're going on a Disney cruise! I have been on many cruises but never Disney. You will have a blast!!

image     image

• Options
    I think this is the first time I've posted in this check-in, so hi! :)

Milestones: We got our first smiles over the weekend! Mostly he's trying to smile and ends up looking like he just left the dentist after novocaine, but we did get a couple really great ones. I can't wait until they're more frequent.

Challenges: DH is traveling a lot for work so my biggest challenge is having 2 kids 24/7 without help except for when my parents come down or we go up there. DS2 is a good sleeper which helps because I can grab a shower while he naps but some nights it's hairy at bedtime if LO is fussy. DS1 stalls bedtime like crazy which is frustrating and I end up feeling guilty when he wants me to lay with him/sing 1 more song/rock him/whatever tactic he chooses and I'm busy with the baby. I just think about how fast DS1 has grown and I hate saying no to any of that because he won't be little much longer - but on the other hand, some nights I just need him to stay the heck in bed! :P

Funny/cute stories: The baby's favorite spot to be is propped up on the back of the love seat looking out the window. He's so content there. Some days it's the only tummy time he gets.

QOTW: Labor Day marks the end of summer. Besides giving birth (for some of us), what was the coolest thing you did this summer? Not much...like others, I went from very pregnant to sleep-deprived mom of two so we didn't do a whole lot that was very exciting besides the birth!

• Options
    Another mom joining the check-in :-h

Milestones:  Anna is one month old today! She was due Aug 23, so I keep thinking I could really still be pregnant and instead we've had her a month already.

Challenges: No challenges yet - she is such a sweet baby. We'll go Friday to get her weight checked. Weight gain was a struggle for us at first, but I am feeling optimistic that she has really grown!

Funny/cute stories:  She met her out of town cousins for the first time this past weekend. One is a 16 month old girl (a real chunk!!) who just loved Anna. It was so funny because her enthusiastic hugs and pats nearly crushed our tiny baby!

QOTW: Labor Day marks the end of summer. Besides giving birth (for some of us), what was the coolest thing you did this summer? 
    The best part of summer has been ignoring the back to school commercials. I teach middle school but I haven't given it a second thought since I am not going back until January.

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    @mamato3boys that is adorable! All you're good for is milk apparently, haha! 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"