February 2013 Moms

How's everyone's Labor Day?

Ours is going ok. We're all sick, so we're kind of bumming around. We're about to fire up the grill to make some burgers (and steak for me!), and some roasted mini potatoes. Other than that, I'm just trying to get some last things done around the house before I go in for induction on Wednesday morning. What is everyone else up to today?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: How's everyone's Labor Day?

• First off. Totally jealous of your new squishy.
    mine was good I cleaned the house, like really cleaned. Also made meals for the freezer. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to keep everyone out of the house, so it stays clean

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Not great. DH was out working until 3 last night and DS slept horribly so I was up a lot last night. This morning I made the mistake of taking a prenatal instead of my regular multi vit and felt so nauseous. We cleaned the house since it was a disaster and its rainy so we couldn't go outside. I made a cake and we drank a lot of tea. It's the 4th anniversary of my sisters death so I'm drinking wine now and going to bed and watching Friends shortly after DS goes down which should be around 7, he's taking a bath with DH now and I'm cuddling the pups.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours was ok. Both the kids are sick and woke up from about 12-4 this morning....then back up at 6. We bummed around the house. And both kids actually napped, so I got to do some gardening. we then went to a cookout at my parents. Before it was time to eat though, dd asked to go home. Fortunately, I live 2 minutes from my parents, so dh took her home and Ds and I stayed, and my dad brought us home.
  • Okay. Kids are making me crazy. It's raining off and on, so they haven't been outside. Baby girl is sleeping super sound all day, but up almost every hour all night to nurse. She must be in that first week growth spurt.

Ds is whiney. And bored.

DD1 is doing her best to be helpful, but she's getting tired of helping me out every few minutes, so she is getting rebellious and crabby.

Dh has to work tonight so he is trying to get some sleep, but I have a deadline tomorrow, a newborn, a toddler, and a 7 year old — the house is trashed, the dishes are mountained in the sink... And just washing enough dishes to cook and serve spaghetti, and actually cooking dinner tonight has me in tears of pain.

So the day has been okay, but it's not ending well.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Ours was pretty good. We just hung around the house this morning till it was time to go to my family's picnic. After we ate lunch, DD took a 3 hour nap in the PNP. I couldn't believe it. Longest nap she's taken in months. It's really hot and humid here, so everyone pretty much stayed inside and we watched the US Open and talked. After we came home I fed DD supper, played outside for a little, gave her a bath and put her to bed. Now I'm eating dinner in peace :)
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Bumping bc DD is wanting to do bedtime routine early (its a trick) so I left DH to finish dinner and I am laying on the bed with my shirt up so she can nurse when she wants.

Earlier we finally cleaned and organized our bonus room (for the most part). It's mostly just been really nice to have DH here for an extra day!
  • We had a great day! We went with our neighbours (they both have DDs around the same age) to an apple farm which had a petting zoo, hay rides, playground, hay maze, etc. it was a lot of fun.

My ILs came for a little visit. Then DH took DD for a walk so I could nap. I passed out for an hour in a pool of drool...it was amazing.  DD is in bed, the clothes are put away, the cleaning lady comes tomorrow and I just made two containers of sheppards pie.  

Now the problem...I need to shower but I just want to sit on the couch and watch tv...and eat second dinner. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope everyone having a hard time is feeling a bit better today :(

Now I almost feel like a jerk for saying I had a really great Labor Day. I took DS to daycare, and spent the day by myself, and it was so much fun. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"