3rd Trimester
Options

32 weeks movement question

I am just over 32 weeks wondering what's normal for movement ? I have been told that you tend to feel less movement but I am growing concerned more and more due to not feeling him move..... I did feel him move quite a bit this morning but not a whole lot this afternoon.

Re: 32 weeks movement question

• Options
    If you are concerned, talk to your dr. They may want you to do a kick count. Where you pick a time and sit, lay down for an hour and count the number of times you feel movement.
    They may suggest eating a meal first, drinking orange juice or something prior to that.
    I personally haven't had specific instructions on how to do so since my LO is always moving.
    Which is why I suggest you call your dr to find out what they would like you to do.
    Also keep in mind if you are stressed the baby moves less... so find out what your dr would like you to do.
  • Options
    I know everyone says that your supposed to feel all this movement but with my first daughter she really didn't move a whole lot. She was nice and cozy. She obviously moved and would stretch sometimes but not not nearly as much as people said she would. She came out 100% perfect and is now an active 9 year old little girl! Hope this helps
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My midwife told me that from 30 weeks on, I should be able to feel at least ten movements in a two-hour time span. A movement includes tiny flutters and little rolls, not just big kicks and jabs. 

As PPs indicated, babies can have "lazy moments," too. My midwife suggested drinking some juice or eating some fruit and lying on my side to see if that would instigate movement if I felt like it had been a while since the baby had moved. If I didn't feel an increase in movement, she told me to call so she could check things out. Remember it never hurts to call if you're concerned! 
  • Options
    Since the last 2 comments I found quite unnecessary thought I would just say I did go to the doc and everything is fine sorry for "liking" something that was a nice comment, not saying that none of the other comments were helpful as they were so thanks to all who offered advice or some form of helpful comment. So guess my "head is out of the clouds"
  • Options

I know everyone says that your supposed to feel all this movement but with my first daughter she really didn't move a whole lot. She was nice and cozy. She obviously moved and would stretch sometimes but not not nearly as much as people said she would. She came out 100% perfect and is now an active 9 year old little girl! Hope this helps

Some babies, like yours, are just quiet, that's what's normal fir them, the issue is when a normally active baby slows down and starts moving less than usual.

• Options
    leela02leela02 member
    edited September 2014
    At 32 weeks my baby would have days where I don't feel her at all throughout the normal activities of the day. I had to lie down and concentrate to count her movements. The day after one of these "lazy days" she goes back to moving more. Maybe she just liked taking a vacation every few days or so, lol. Now at 35 weeks she moves nearly non-stop. I have an anterior placenta which for some women makes it difficult to feel movements but I feel her moving constantly. She usually starts rolling around like crazy when I'm drinking ice water... I'm glad everything is fine with your baby OP.
  • Options
    OP, it's good to err on the side of caution if you've exhausted the usual routine of getting baby to move. *Some* babies are relatively quiet and laid back, and that's their normal, but other babies may be quite active. Any time there's a change in their pattern/routine and you feel uncertain, there's no reason to not get checked out.

A noticeable decrease in movement is no joke. Had I had not had such severe polyhydramnios with my first son I would have known something was wrong when his movements decreased a lot. I knew that being due in a month's time that movements begin to decrease as you get closer to term, but they shouldn't decrease *that* much. So I always advocate being on the safe side.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"