1st Trimester

Tetanus shot during first trimester

Hello,

I just got pregnant with IVF and am now 4 weeks. I cut my finger last night on a metal railing and am concerned I may have to get a tetanus shot. Have any of you had a tetanus shot this early in pregnancy? Very concerned to get the shot this early in pregnancy!! Thank you for the advice!!

Kelly

Re: Tetanus shot during first trimester

• Tetanus is waaaaaaaaay worse for you, don't you think? Get the shot. :-??

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tetanus/basics/complications/con-20021956

It baffles me that this is even a question?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have been trying to eat right and do all I can so was concerned with putting a chemical in my body when I'm so early still. Of course, I wouldn't want tetanus either but was just asking for opinions. The railing was rusty which is why I was concerned. Thank you for responses.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is my first pregnancy and I worked VERY hard to get here so thank you to those who responded kindly. I apologize if some of you think this was a dumb question. I thought this forum was here to ask pregnancy questions and get advice.
  • I never meant to say that I tried harder than others. It was just a struggle and want what is best for the baby. I'm going today to get the shot and thanks for your assistance in realizing that I should get it done. I appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"