October 2014 Moms
Options

Hold your breath..bunk beds! *pics added! Kids room :)

2goingon32goingon3 member
edited September 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Tonight is night one of room sharing for my 5.5yr old DD and 4yr old DS in their new bunkbeds. The room looks great with a Peter Pan theme, so hopefully they don't destroy it too quickly! They're both great sleepers, so fingers crossed that nothing changes!!! Anyone else doing bunkbeds?

**pics added :) ***

Re: Hold your breath..bunk beds! *pics added! Kids room :)

• Options
    Not doing bunk beds yet because our girls are just 2 and 3. They will both be in toddler beds by the time baby gets here. Do you have any pics of your Peter Pan theme room? My girls are obsessed with tinker bell and I am just curious because I was thinking that once we live in a house (and in the future - should we have a boy), it would be cute for the girls to have a fairy room and the boys to have a peter pan room. 
  • Options
    Ooo, fun! I love bunk beds. I hope it goes well.
    Me: 31  ~  Copilot: 37  ~  Our son: 3/25/11 ~ Our daughter: 10/5/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have our 3.5 and 1.5 year old girls in bunks. I wasn't planning on moving the youngest, but once it was done she wanted to and we let her try. Her mattress is actually on the floor, but she's been doing great! They play for a bit now before falling asleep, but otherwise it's been a fairly easy transition! Good luck to you!
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup! My 3.5 year old is loving his top bunk, but DS#2 (1.5) is still in the crib but in the same room. He hasn't tried to climb out yet, so I'm leaving him there! I will say, they do not sleep as well together. There is a lot more giggling, and if one wakes up they are both up. Naps have certainly gotten longer though!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Oh man, I'd be terrified to put my 3.5 yo on a bunk because she's always trying to get up in the night but maybe I'm lame if that's not uncommon lol
  • Options
    About the pics: the map still needs some work, all of the characters are traced on to the wall using our projector, and then I just used poster paint to color them in and sharpies to add detail. If you need the wall to be washable, then painting a clear coat over the murals is a good idea cause poster paint washes off!!
  • Options
    Omg!! So cool! I love it! You did a great job with that!
  • Options
    Oh man, I'd be terrified to put my 3.5 yo on a bunk because she's always trying to get up in the night but maybe I'm lame if that's not uncommon lol
    DS#1 also gets up at night, but we got a bunk bed that has stairs instead of a ladder.  Since he also insists on having a night light right by the stairs of the bed, he can see pretty well.  No accidents yet!  But I was also concerned about having him up there.  He, however, insisted that 'only babies sleep on the bottom' so we agreed to give him a chance on the top bunk during a nap time and he did great!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    Cute!
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    DD just got bunk beds in her room, but she's still solo in there on the bottom bunk.  When this baby is big enough for a big bed, DD will move to the top and DS will get the bottom.

Glad to hear that the transition went well for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"