June 2013 Moms
Options

Halloween costumes?

I'm a little early in maybe thinking of Halloween, but curious if you're planning on dressing your LO up, and if you've thought about what they are gonna be?

I've got my kids old costumes still when they were little, but I can't remember which ones I have.

DH has the week off of work so we are busy doing things around the house and I plan on having him dig out our Halloween boxes.

I'm rather tempted to maybe buy a new costume though.

Re: Halloween costumes?

• Options
    LaBellaVidaLaBellaVida member
    edited September 2014
    Batman is so easy and cheap! DS 2 was batman a few years ago. We of course waited until the last min and everything was nearly gone. We ended up dressing him in black sweats, a batman shirt (just the batman emblem) bought a magician Cape, and a batman mask.
    My husband made the belt. To easy. I think we spent under 15 bucks!

@heelibrarian‌

ETA: DS 2 still plays dress up with it. He woke us up this morning in full batman gear. :)

• Options
    FWIW we now make the kids costumes or they make them. We'll buy basic things, but buying a dress up costume is so expensive year after year!

Only time I buy costumes are When they are little like Owen to about 3 or 4.

Thankfully we have every costume we've bought, and made.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going as Rosie the riveter and will for sure have Jameson match me in some way. Rian keeps changing her mind but if she doesn't nail it down she will match with us too :)

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm making Lily a TARDIS costume! We'll go to MIL's neighborhood to trick or treat. It's a nice place and some of those people give out full sized candy bars (for mommy, of course).
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Grayson is going to be an elephant :) I got the costume for $5 at a consignment sale.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nancy is going as a shark. I got a great costume off of Amazon

• Options
    Benjamin LOVES tongs right now, so I'm thinking I'll put together some sort of lobster costume.

Anniversary

• Options
    We have Aiden's lion costume but I want something else. I found a super cute Tigger costume and I live the Super Grover one but DH isn't sold on it. Aiden will end up as some sort of superhero or Bumblebee from Transformers.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Stupid Australia really doesn't celebrate Halloween!!!!! How is this possible??? Last year I dressed lo as superman. I'll probably buy something cheapish this year too. I love Halloween.
  • Options
    @subliminalrabbit‌ You could do that as it could be easier than finding a baby trench coat, but Tennant is definitely one of the more recognizable doctors. I am going to also wear a Doctor Who shirt (I have a few) so that there will be little confusion on the part of non-Whovians. You could maybe do the new doctor and do something like a shirt or something for yourself to decrease confusion.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm debating over pebbles from flinstones or doc mcstuffin for LO. Need to get on it especially since I plan on making her costume. This will be our first year in our new neighborhood so we'll stay at home passing out candy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"