Infertility

*Possible BFP mentioned* IUI August 21, 2014. Hoping for BFP. Anyone else on the same schedule?

Jen82JJen82J member
edited September 2014 in Infertility
Today is 10 days after my IUI, and I got a positive pregnancy test this morning and yesterday morning. I had been testing every-other day last week, so I tested Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I had faint positive on Sunday and Tuesday, but on Thursday I swear there was nothing, not even a shadow. I figured that meant the Ovidrel was out of my system. Then I tested two days later on Saturday and got a faint line again. It was definitely a line, not a shadow. And I got another one today. I'm getting really excited, but I'm worried that the test on Thursday that was negative was just a fluke. Maybe the test didn't work right. I'm using those Wondfo test strips, and that particular one had a few vertical streaks on it, but I still swear it was negative. Is it possible to have it be negative one time and the next time be a false positive due to the meds? Or should I start getting excited? Only 4 more days till I will know for sure, but it is killing me!
November 2004, pregnant with first child at age 22 without fertility treatments. Baby boy born 8/5/2005! Diagnosed with PCOS while trying to conceive baby #2 in 2009. Six months on Clomid with no follies. May 2010: Clomid, Follistim, and Ovidrel Trigger, IUI #1-6/7/2010, BFP!! Healthy baby boy born 2/21/2011! TTC baby #3 since October 2012. Clomid, Follistim, and Ovidrel trigger in Oct. One good follie. IUI--BFN. November 2012, dropped Clomid and just tried higher dose of Follistim. Had to keep increasing dose but finally had to cancel the cycle because of no growth. Six month break. May 17, 2013, started 20 units Lupron twice a day. Day 3 started 100 IU Follistim. No growth on day 8, some growth on day 12, raised to 125 IU Follistim. Day 15, almost mature follicle! One more day of Follistim then Ovidrel trigger day 16. IUI #2 6/3/13. Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: *Possible BFP mentioned* IUI August 21, 2014. Hoping for BFP. Anyone else on the same schedule?

• I think you should consider adding bfp and siggy (signature) warnings to your post. Most people here have never been pregnant and some people want the warning to avoid reading what can be upsetting information to them. I wish you good luck, but I don't know if you are pregnant. Perhaps see if you can get an earlier blood test.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• We are on the exact same cycle! But I am absolutely petrified of the false positive so I haven't done any home pregnancy tests, am trying to wait until my beta on Thurs but may squeeze one in Wed AM! Here's hoping we both have some good news soon!
    ***pregnancy and loss mentioned***

Me: 31 DH: 31
    Dx: unexplained IF
    TTC since March 2013 
    IUI#1 with OB: BFN (April 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#2 with OB: BFN (June 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#3 with OB: BFN (July 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#4 with RE: BFN (August 2014 - clomid 50mg, ovidrel 250mcg, Crinone 8%)
    IVF #1 with pICSI in November
    ER 11/13 - 14R, 13M, 11F
    ET 11/19 - 2 grade AA hatched blasts transferred
    Beta #1: 58 - BFP!!, Beta #2: 140, Beta #3: 347, Beta #4: 931
    First u/s 12/19 - baby measuring 6w4d with HR of 116
    Second u/s 12/29 - baby measuring only 7 weeks, no heart beat detected
    01/02/15 - misoprostol administered vaginally

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know if I can get and early blood test or not. They have not given me orders for one. I think if I still have a positive on Wednesday, I might call and ask. I will probably keep testing until then, even though it's going to drive me crazy. I think you are probably going to be better off, stace2524, for just waiting instead of testing like I have been doing. It's impossible to know anyway. My last IUI (October 2013), I was getting BFN's for several days and ended up getting my period early, which ended all doubt :( I'm hoping that the positive tests this time around are a good sign, but it could just be that the meds are taking longer to get out of my system. Good luck to you!
    November 2004, pregnant with first child at age 22 without fertility treatments. Baby boy born 8/5/2005! Diagnosed with PCOS while trying to conceive baby #2 in 2009. Six months on Clomid with no follies. May 2010: Clomid, Follistim, and Ovidrel Trigger, IUI #1-6/7/2010, BFP!! Healthy baby boy born 2/21/2011! TTC baby #3 since October 2012. Clomid, Follistim, and Ovidrel trigger in Oct. One good follie. IUI--BFN. November 2012, dropped Clomid and just tried higher dose of Follistim. Had to keep increasing dose but finally had to cancel the cycle because of no growth. Six month break. May 17, 2013, started 20 units Lupron twice a day. Day 3 started 100 IU Follistim. No growth on day 8, some growth on day 12, raised to 125 IU Follistim. Day 15, almost mature follicle! One more day of Follistim then Ovidrel trigger day 16. IUI #2 6/3/13. Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • My post does not mention a BFP. I still don't know anything for sure. I can't know that for 4 more days. I see no reason to put a warning on that. As for my signature, when I created that, nobody was doing warnings at the time. I apologize if my having two children already is rough for you, but I don't understand why I have to warn people that I have children.
  • Jen82J said:

My post does not mention a BFP. I still don't know anything for sure. I can't know that for 4 more days. I see no reason to put a warning on that. As for my signature, when I created that, nobody was doing warnings at the time. I apologize if my having two children already is rough for you, but I don't understand why I have to warn people that I have children.

Wow, @Jen82J‌, you're a real peach.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• So it's considerate of all of you to attack me because I have had two children? You know nothing about me. My firstborn son is severely disabled. He is 9 years old and is confined to a wheelchair, has seizures, and is tube-fed. While I am blessed to have him, you people seem to assume that my life is just peachy. It took me 5 1/2 years to have my second child. So don't think I don't know what infertility feels like. I've been waiting another 3 1/2 years to get pregnant again. My friends all around me are popping out kids left and right, but do I say anything to them about how it bothers me that they are pregnant? No. I think it is better to celebrate with them. Isn't that what we are all here for, to be happy for each other when they finally do get their BFP (which I repeat, I have not found anything out yet)? I will delete this post after it is done with, since you all find me so offensive. I was simply responding to a less-than-polite comment about what I should have done, which had no consideration for my feelings whatsoever.
  • Jen82JJen82J member
    edited September 2014

It looks like my signature has now been deleted. I was having trouble with that feature the other day, so it never got properly updated. I need to add into it the 4 failed IUI's I've had in the past 2 years.

• Jen82J said:

Isn't that what we are all here for, to be happy for each other when they finally do get their BFP (which I repeat, I have not found anything out yet)?

If you were a regular on this board, then you could expect people here to be happy and supportive when you get your BFP. You cannot drop in on a board full of women struggling to conceive (again, for the 1st time) and be defensive and disrespectful, and expect us to be supportive. That is something you earn.

• Jen82J said:
    My post does not mention a BFP. I still don't know anything for sure. I can't know that for 4 more days. I see no reason to put a warning on that. As for my signature, when I created that, nobody was doing warnings at the time. I apologize if my having two children already is rough for you, but I don't understand why I have to warn people that I have children.
    The reason for the request for the BFP warning is because you do mention that your tests were negative and became positive again which generally means the trigger is out of your system and you are getting positives which means likely you are pregnant and we ask for a warning. Just like in real life it can be difficult to hear of yet another person getting pregnant. Sometimes it is easier to hear, but on bad days it is difficult to hear.

I think also it might be just a matter of choosing the board that is the best fit and introducing yourself to the group. I know it feels like it's just an online forum so why not just ask questions, but these boards really do become like a family. As for the children issue, this is considered a safe haven sort of for women who do not have children due to infertility. (Some do but they either use a warning and/or do not mention older children very often). I know we all have different struggles in our lives. But as it pertains to infertility, we do ask for certain considerations. For instance, I have been trying to conceive my first for eight years. I have had surgery, four failed IUIs, (two canceled cycles), and just had a failed IVF. So these issues are very sensitive to me. I am currently facing the possibility that I may never be able to have children while at the same time I plan on IVF #2. Typically women who are working on IUIs will find a lot of support at the Trouble Trying to Conceive Board, and they recently added a similar board for those trying for additional children.

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • *Warning: Mention of possible BFP, children, and IUI.

Rather than delete the above posts, I think I need to explain myself better, now that I've read all of the above comments. I really am not a mean person, and I do care about the feelings of others. The reason I did not read the New to Infertility post is because I am not new to infertility. I have been part of this forum for over a year, I just haven't been active due to other things going on in my personal life. When I was last on this forum, it was for IUI and IVF people, or so it seemed. The discussion board is called "Infertility," not "IVF Patients." Perhaps it would be a good idea to re-title your "New to Fertility" post "Rules/Guidelines for those New or Returning to the Forum." I also DID mention that I was talking about an IUI cycle in my title, so I feel that is a disclaimer in itself for anyone who might have trouble reading about IUI's because they have had to move on to IVF.

The other thing I just want to say is that I DO struggle with infertility. I would probably never have the ability to conceive on my own without fertility treatments. I was only 22 when I had my first child (not trying to be insensitive), and that was probably a 1 in 10,000 chance. I didn't know I had PCOS at the time but had always had slightly irregular periods. After he was born, things only got worse. It wasn't until I was 26 that I finally found out what the problem is. So, while you might define infertility as someone who has never had a baby, I believe that is an incorrect definition. Basically you are all saying I am unwelcome here, so I will leave. I really am not a bad person, but we obviously got off on the wrong foot. I do hope that you will change the title of your rules/guidelines post and let people know what this board is really for so that this problem will not happen to someone else.

• This is the description for the Trying for a Sib group. "This board is a place for people TTC a sibling for their child(ren) and having difficulty doing so. This board for you if you have been TTC for 12+ months or 6+ months if you are AMA and been unsuccessful conceiving a sibling at all or have experienced one or more losses in the process. This is a great community for people who have not reached a diagnosis of secondary infertility quite yet but want to have a safe place to talk about the trials of TTC while having children already." I guess I am not a good fit for that group either because I DO have a diagnosis.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"