October 2014 Moms

Anyone else diliated yet ?

I know I really doesn't mean anything, but I am so excited to be dilated 1 cm and have a softening cervix already! With DD at this point I was nothing. And as much as they are annoying and sometimes a pain I'm happy to be having Braxton Hicks which I really didn't have with my DD. I had to be induced a week past my due date with her. Which sucked! It makes me think my body might do things on its own this time! Yay! Exciting!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else diliated yet ?

• Not sure. Haven't been checked yet.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't get checked until 36 weeks so no clue. Exciting times though. ;)
  • I've been 70 percent efaced and dilated to a 2 at 32.5 weeks was put on bed rest till 34. Im now at 35 weeks and cleared to go anytime but I haven't changed. so uncomfortable as he is low and ready to go
  • Give me another week and I'll let you know. I'm curious to see what changes have been made to my cervix...
  • Haven't been checked yet either

• My doctor checks at 34 weeks when she does the Strep B. I am 1-2 cm dilated, 50-60% effaced and baby is dropped/engaged. She actually has restricted my activities (no sex, walking or lifting) until at least 36 weeks to encourage him to stay put.

Peanut 1.23.11 ~ Bean 9.06.12 ~ Little Boy 9.24.14
  • As of 32 weeks I was high, tight, and closed.  I don't know if he'll check me or not at 36 weeks (he checked at 32 for spotting and cramping) as I'm having a rcs and there doesn't seem to be a point. 
  • I have no idea. Haven't been checked yet and probably won't be until full term. But congrats on progress!! :)
    imageimage
  • I've had a couple of NSTs show enough contractions that they've checked me, and my cervix is still long and closed.
  • My doctor checks at 35 weeks during the Strep B test, I guess while he's down there anyway. But he said a lot of women can be walking around for weeks being 1 cm dilated. Doesn't really mean anything is going to happen anytime soon. Just glad my body is getting ready this time. Crossing my fingers for no pitocin this time!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am 32 weeks and 2 cm and 75% effaced and floppy soft- I am also on bedrest because we want to keep this baby in till at least 36 weeks! My last was born at 36 weeks and I would prefer to at least get to 37-38 weeks as he had some minor temp and breathing issues at 36 weeks. I tend to have early dilation and usually by 34 weeks I am 4 cm or so....so I end up on bedrest and often medication to stop contractions etc. They will be checking me again at 36 weeks unless I am contracting a bunch then I will be checked at 34 weeks. I prefer to skip being checked as it can stir things up...so we will see
     Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and Grandma to 1 (so far!) YES we would love to have more! 
    Baby #9- It's a GIRL!!  Born Oct 1st 2014!!

Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus!

• I have not been checked yet, but will be this Wednesday at my doctor's appointment where I will be 36 weeks. He is also doing the strep B test then too. I am anxious to see if there is any progress because of all the symptoms I have been having.
  • I was checked at 31 because of cramps and Im short but still closed.

Last time at 34 weeks and on, I was a 'soft and stretchy' 4cm and 75% effaced. I went into labour at 33 weeks and thats where I ended up when they stopped it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haven't been checked and probably won't until labor, if then. I'd rather not know... I think having those numbers bouncing around in my head for almost two more months would drive me a little batty.
  • AargAarg member
    Was checked when I was at the hospital this past weekend and was at 2cm.
  • I haven't been checked yet. I'm 35 weeks today, so next week have strep B and exam. FTM here. Been having BH for over a month now , getting more intense lately so I wouldn't be surprised if they are helping things along. Just had birthing class today and I'm encouraging my little guy to stay out for 5 more weeks - guess I'm not as mentally prepared for birth as I thought I was before watching those videos again :)
  • It doesn't really matter to me since I am a planned c-section. It would be nice to know your body knows what to do but I have never dialated or been effaced on my own.

I know some people walk around long periods dialated.
  • First check is Wed when I am 35w5d

Lil Pumpkin Caffrey ~ 10/3/14

• I was a couple cm dilated with DD for 4-6 weeks I think? Never went past a 7 and had a C/S. Not sure it means much.  My OB this time has done far fewer checks and tests. It's kind of nice because being dilated and making zero progress for weeks was kind of disappointing last time.
  • Haven't been checked, and OB won't check until I'm 40 weeks

It's a BOY! Est. Due Date - October 17th

BabyFruit Ticker

• Just got checked this weekend. 60% effaced and dilated to 3 at 35 weeks.
  • Haven't been checked yet.. My 36 week apt is this Thursday .. Getting the strep B test done .. Maybe she will check then
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Glas43 said:
    Just got checked this weekend. 60% effaced and dilated to 3 at 35 weeks.

Whoa, are you a FTM?
  • I just got back from my 36 week check up and I am 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Wow this shit is getting real.
  • Checked yesterday, not dilated but 30% effaced. Been having contractions all weekend at 35 weeks.
  • Nicb13 said:
    Not sure. Haven't been checked yet.
    This. I'm 35 weeks and won't be checked for at least 2-3 more weeks.
    This. I'm only 34 weeks tomorrow. I doubt they'll check me for another 3-4 weeks anyway, likely more.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• slsl509 said:
    I was a couple cm dilated with DD for 4-6 weeks I think? Never went past a 7 and had a C/S. Not sure it means much.  My OB this time has done far fewer checks and tests. It's kind of nice because being dilated and making zero progress for weeks was kind of disappointing last time.
    Yep, this happens to a ton of people. Then there are the ones >me< who have zero progress at 40 weeks and need an induction (for other reasons) and still have zero progress for two days after taking a softening pill...... ::::bows head::::

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I'm sorry, every time I see this thread title I read it as "Dilly-ated." And then I think of these...

• Eastie156 said:
    slsl509 said:
    I was a couple cm dilated with DD for 4-6 weeks I think? Never went past a 7 and had a C/S. Not sure it means much.  My OB this time has done far fewer checks and tests. It's kind of nice because being dilated and making zero progress for weeks was kind of disappointing last time.
    Yep, this happens to a ton of people. Then there are the ones >me< who have zero progress at 40 weeks and need an induction (for other reasons) and still have zero progress for two days after taking a softening pill...... ::::bows head::::
    You must have a cervix of steel, lady!

I don't get checked for several weeks, yet, Guess we'll see!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"