Stay at Home Moms

Wrong place to ask these TMI questions but...

this is the board I most frequently lurk on.  So here's a few questions.  First of all, I normally ovulate exactly 15 days after my period starts.  It's possible that this cycle, the one I decide to have unprotected sex, I ovulate 10 days early, right?  And a positive is a positive even if it takes 5 minutes to show up and is light and is only 11 days after unprotected sex, right?  And can implantation bleeding be a pink color and last for more than one visit to the bathroom?  The bleeding prompted the test, otherwise I feel normal.  
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Wrong place to ask these TMI questions but...

• So you think you o'd on CD5? That seems hard to imagine. Are you charting? I'm not sure that a positive counts if it's after the window. Don't most boxes say something about not being accurate after a certain amount of time? You could call their customer service. I'd test again in the morning if I were you. GL!

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • It is possible that you had unprotected sex on CD and the sperm hung around for a few days waiting for the egg. However that would make you less than 11dpo. I got a BFP at 9dpo with DS.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Test again first thing in the morning. I know the tests say that the results aren't valid after a certain span of time, but I totally did have an early test turn positive after the three minute wait when I was knocked up with the twins and it was right. Good luck for whatever result you're hoping for!

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Try again this morning. It doesn't really matter when you had sex as the sperm can hang out a few days so you wouldn't have needed to "o" on day 5 to be pregnant. If you O'd a few days later than that you could still be pregnant.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Well????  POAS result???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay, the test I took last night was a pink dye test.  I took another one at 3am.  I really really had to pee and I could not sleep last night.  It turned positive after about 3 minutes.  I'm terrified.  

• la79al said:
    Okay, the test I took last night was a pink dye test.  I took another one at 3am.  I really really had to pee and I could not sleep last night.  It turned positive after about 3 minutes.  I'm terrified.  

Congratulations are likely in order then!!!  Crack open a juice!!

It'll all work out - Take a deep breath and remind yourself everything will turn out!

• At this point, terrified that this was an unplanned baby, DH is DONE (but not done enough to get snipped obviously).  I don't even know how to tell him.  And this oops was all my fault so that doesn't help.  We're barely paying bills now, with DH working a ton of overtime. Crossing my fingers that the minivan holds out a little longer cause we definitely can't afford another vehicle that seats 6.  Sticking a crib in the bedroom of a 14 year old because it's that or the bathtub.  I think once I get past telling DH, the rest will be easy.
  • Hugs, girlie. Hang in there. Praying for ya.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • la79al said:
    At this point, terrified that this was an unplanned baby, DH is DONE (but not done enough to get snipped obviously).  I don't even know how to tell him.  And this oops was all my fault so that doesn't help.  We're barely paying bills now, with DH working a ton of overtime. Crossing my fingers that the minivan holds out a little longer cause we definitely can't afford another vehicle that seats 6.  Sticking a crib in the bedroom of a 14 year old because it's that or the bathtub.  I think once I get past telling DH, the rest will be easy.

I was the 4th and "SURPRISE!" to say the least in our family (My youngest brother is 8 years older) - it wasn't until I went through NFP classes that my Ma figured out how I was even possible because the calendar method didn't work for some reason that cycle... Life has a way of working itself out, it may feel terrifying now, but down the road, you'll consider this little one a blessing as the others. 

Also, don't get down on yourself about DTD - both of you were actively involved!  I recently toured the house of family that had 11 kids and how they fit everyone comfortably into a house that was TINY while growing up.  The one sister said "bunk beds!  That's how we did it!"

So - how're you going to "break the news" to YH???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"