1st Trimester

Face wash

What kind of face wash are you using? I'm 5w4d and breaking out badly. Anyone have any advice?

Re: Face wash

• I have tried a few different ones and nothing helps with my pregnancy acne. Good luck! If you find something that works let me know lol
  • I use Biore Ice Cleanser and spot treatment by Murad.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What worked best for me during both of my first trimesters was just plain old soap, I think because it tends to dry out skin more than face soaps do.

Same here. Just a bar of soap. I use Dove Gentle Exfoliating soap bars. They smell wonderful.
    :)
    ME: 26  |  DH: 33
    Dating: March 17, 2008
    Married: May 18, 2013
    BFP: August 16, 2014
    Our rainbow baby after two losses. Rest sweetly, my angels. 

IT'S A GIRL!EDD: April 10, 2015
    (Formerly known as amandastewart51813)

• Honey (raw/organic) to wash my face, jojoba oil to remove make-up
  • Try not to use ones with salicylic acid in them. I've read it's not good for when you are pregnant. I use a Nivea face wash and a toner in the middle of the day to clean my face.

Me: 26 DH: 29
    3/13: Miscarriage
    11/13: Ectopic Pregnancy-removal of 1 fallopian tube

BFP: 8/21/14 

Moses born by emergency C-section 4/23/2015

It's a Boy!

• Late to respond but I would try using Angels on Bare Skin from Lush
  • I use GinZing by Origins. So far so good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the grapefruit Neutrogena (sp?) cleanser!
    Second pregnancy, God willing - first baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker

5w0d: HCG 4,300
    5w2d: HCG 15,179  Prog: 27.9
    5w4d: HCG 18,000  Prog: 39 

6w3d: Heartbeat 119
  • What worked best for me during both of my first trimesters was just plain old soap, I think because it tends to dry out skin more than face soaps do.

Dial gold bar for realz :D

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I use coalface by Lush, it's awesome! My face is combo/oily and this stuff works great in the summer for me, but does dry me out during the winter so I can't use it as often. Your hormones should calm down soon, good luck!
  • I use african black soap mixed with raw shea butter, has kept my face pimple free and baby soft. I also drink at least 2 liters of water daily and make sure my daily diet is filled with fruits and veggies.
  • I was a huge nerd and did hours and hours of research on this in the months prior to conception. My main motivation was to avoid products with salicylic acid and retinols, which are no-no's for expectant mothers according to recent research.

As I continued to research, I learned that there was more than just salicylic acid and retinols in my face wash (and so many others). They were choked full of really nasty chemicals that in recent years have been linked to some really nasty side effects. Most commonly, they contained phthalates (also appears as fragrance or parfum on many labels) and Phenoxyethanol. Phthalates are endocrine disruptors, meaning they mess with your hormones. Phenoxyethanol can cause harm to the developing child including birth defects, low birth weight and biological or behavioral problems that appear as the child grows.

After weeks of looking for a face wash that was baby safe and keep my hormonal acne in check, I went with Pretty Mommies' products. I was hesitant, but am loving their face wash and face enhancer (vitamin C cream). The face wash cleans my face better than Neutrogena ever did! And my skin feels great! I also purchased some tea tree oil for spot treatment. I read somewhere that tea tree oil was a natural way to treat already apparent acne.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I switched to The Body Shop tea tree brand. Doesn't have salicylic acid in it which is great and has really good reviews. So far so good.
  • I have been using dial bar soap (non-scented).
  • i am going to the store today to look for a better face wash.  i was thinking of using "dr bronners" castile soap, but i need to take a closer look at the ingredients.  I'm also of the belief that yes, its a "toxic world" out there, so where I can, I'll try to make some adjustments. 
    Myself: 30 Hubs: 30  Married in 2010
    BFP: 9/17/2014 (and 9/18...and 9/19...)
    Estimated Due: 5/22/2015
    First one :)

• I like Purity by Philosophy. I have sensitive skin and this cleans my skin and gets makeup off very well without irritation.
  • Just got the Burt's Bees orange face wash and so far I like it. I've also liked target brand cetaphil gentle and pears bar soap.
    Myself: 30 Hubs: 30  Married in 2010
    BFP: 9/17/2014 (and 9/18...and 9/19...)
    Estimated Due: 5/22/2015
    First one :)

• I use Cera Ve every day for washing and then Origins Check and Balances with a Clarisonic 1-2 times/week. I don't have breakouts on my face but my back and chest are a different story. I started using the X-Out by Proactiv but can't say if it works well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • I have used my clean & clear, but so far not working that great..after reading come posts... going to try regular bar soap! thanks guys!
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• When I was a teen with acne, my dermotologist recommended Spectro Jel. It definitely works really well to minimize pimples and clean your face. It's so mild and just really agreeable. As I've grown up I've bought different types of cleansers that seemed more exciting, but everytime I switched to a different brand after a few weeks my acne would flair up so I'd go back to Spectro Jel and it almost immediately calmed down. I don't know if it's a Canadian brand but if you can find it I think everyone should try it!
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • mmariel said:

I have tried a few different ones and nothing helps with my pregnancy acne. Good luck! If you find something that works let me know lol

I work for Origins. Try our Out of Trouble Mask and if you have oily skin try Zero Oil Cleanser
  • I switched to Neautrogena naturals. It took a few weeks for my skin to adjust but now its clearing up. Once my moisturizer is gone ill start using that too.
  • I have been using Arbonne for combination skin and it has been working great!
  • imakeeff0rts: I wish! I loved the product so much, I sent it to my sister who isn't even pregnant.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• edited September 2014
    Ladies I have been using Arbonne forever. Let me tell you I have never had better skin in all my life.

Use it on my step son as well for ezema *spam edited by moderator*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"