Infertility

moving right to another cycle?

HI
I just had a negative blood test after my first round of IVF and I was told that as soon as I have my period, I could move right into my next cycle (we have 6 frozen embryos).  Has anyone else had experience like this?  I feel a little worried about rushing, though I'd love to just go for it.
Thank you in advance for your help?

Re: moving right to another cycle?

• Do you mean move right into transferring a frozen embryo? Actually this may work out better for you. There is a thought that some women can have better luck with frozen cycles due to the fact that your hormone levels aren't all crazy and the other possible negative affects that the fertility drugs have will have gone away making your body and uterus more baby friendly,
  • Medically there is no reason to wait or your doctor wouldn't move right to the next cycle. Silver lining- Some research shows that pregnancies from frozen cycles have less bleeding, are smoother overall, and result in fewer low birthweight babies. It is related to your hormones not being hyper stimulated during a frozen cycle. (Not sure how recent that research is though.)

I just did my first frozen cycle and unfortunately it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. My doctor is also giving us the green light to start this cycle. Best of science to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!!! I had a chemical pregnancy with our first donor cycle- so I know that pain as well. So sorry for you loss.  Fingers crossed!!!!!!
  • I've spoken with my RE and if this cycle is not successful I will move onto an FET right after AF arrives. No need to wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
    March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
    May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
    August: IVF#1, BFN
    September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
    It's a girl!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I didn't take off time for the first 3 cycles. Back to back for all of them. The 4th I'm getting ready to start my doctor made me take 2 months off. Get my body back together and my head too. Wishing you the best. GL
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• My RE let me do 2 fresh followed by 2 frozen cycles with no breaks in between. It all depends on how you responded and if your Dr feels its safe or not. I could have done another frozen cycle right away nut DH and I really needed a break. It's important to follow your RE's advice but take a break when you need to.
  • I did a FET directly after IVF 2.  With the protocol I was on with BCPs and Lupron it was about 6 weeks in between.  I know many clinics don't have that long a period of downregulation though. 
                        imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
  • @BostonGayGal‌ "best of science to you" I love this! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"