April 2014 Moms

Really not good with scheduling/consistency.

Well I am good with a consistent bedtime and bedtime routine but that's about it. I work three days/week and on my days off I am running errands, taking DS places, or we are out as a family. When we are out I always wear DD and she gets a nap that way. I make sure we are home for at least one nap each day. But I stopped keeping track of when she eats, naps, etc. long ago.

It works for us right now but I wonder if I should be better at keeping track of her schedule and trying to be consistent. Also we are switching childcare providers and when the new one asked about DD's schedule I couldn't really give her more than ballpark estimates and say she should nap about 2 hours after she wakes up.

Anyone else? I am just thinking maybe I need to be more consistent and start keeping track again.

Re: Really not good with scheduling/consistency.

• That's me, too. I try to get him back for a nap every hour or two but clock time is inconsistent. When my daughter got older and was down to one or two naps it got easier.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only consistency LO has is 2 hrs between naps, just like yours. Oh, and that she eats when she wakes up. Once they hit 5-6 mos, a more defined schedule emerged with my 2 older kids. I expect that will happen with this one as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My kid doesn't do consistent. Works out well I suppose...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • We have a consistent bedtime, but that's it. Even when he's at daycare naps seem to be all over the place. Like pp said, my older one developed more of a schedule around 6 months.
  • I really try to encourage a schedule but honestly they just aren't ready for it. Sometimes they nap for 20 minutes and sometimes for 2 hours. Sometimes they are awake for 1.5 hours and sometimes 2.5. I just try to watch for each of their tired signs. I'm really hoping a more formal schedule develops soon but I certainly wouldn't worry about daytime sleep yet. Night sleep I'm super regimented about. We have a routine and a bedtime and we stick to it 95% of the time.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had a consistent bedtime routine but it disappeared recently! The last 3 nights she was up until almost midnight! I am hoping now being settled in the new place and transitioning her to her own room and crib we will be able to get back to our old schedule and get a little more consistent. She however has never been a good napper so I kinda just let her go down when she wants. She actually sleeps the best/longest in the car when I am running around!

• DD is a little over 5 months. I try to have her on a loose schedule... It works most days, but sometimes not at all. If she does not want to nap it really won't happen. Bedtime and wake up in the morning times are consistent.
  • Same here with consistent bedtime. I know when his first two naps will be but not the length and the rest are a crap shoot but it's still working well for us.
  • The only thing consistent here is our inconsistency ;) She naps when she can, eats if she's fussy and like others have mentioned she gets drowsy every 2 hours if I pay attention. With 2 other kid schedules of school times and sports, allowing for her schedule to be a priority just isn't an option.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • consistent bedtime only. It seems like she might want to nap around 1 ish and 5ish each day, based on her daycare notes, weekends are completely different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"